Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shadows and Textures [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

He shrugged at her first response to his query.  Then when she said she was with family, he nodded.  It was another reasonable reason to be away from the home country.  At least as strong as her accent was, he figured she was from somewhere else.  Most will lose some of the accents over time.  She could have been a few years in.  He was curious, of course, but she didn't seem to want to share too much information. 

"At the moment, I am at the 'otel.  After seeing sae many areas that call to be painted, I 'ave decided tae look for a place to stay for a wee bit longer.  I am expected in London for a showing, but I 'ad nae set a definite date, sae I will just let them know they must wait a bit longer.  I can set a date once I get settled 'ere and travel from 'ere tae there and keep up the painting when I am 'ere."

He took a bit of time giving her that first answer, as he tried to decide if he should let her know that he was an Earl.  He ended up thinking that she would likely be surprised either way.  He had enjoyed just talking to her without all of the fluff that would come when people knew who he was. Especially women.  He decided to let it come to time and who she knew that might fill her in on that bit of information.  If she didn't find out or didn't recognize the name, then he would have more chances of regular conversation with someone just being themselves.  It was a risk, but he thought it was worth it.

"Douglas Gordon."  He finished with his given name with out the title.  "May I 'ave yur name in turn?"  He asked glancing around over his shoulder partially to see if his name was familiar to her, hoping it wasn't.

142 Posts
6 Threads

Height: 5'4

He showed his art in Londen? She quirked a brow and glanced at the painting. She had never been terribly interested in art, and her only criterium for whether a painting was good was how realistic it was. She knew that most painters never made it even if they could paint realistically, and had assumed this one was another lost cause, wasting time, money and a career for boyish dreams that could never be fulfilled. But it seemed he was at least a little better than that and Nesah managed to feel at least a bit of respect now.

"Nesah Meijer," she returned. She supposed it didn't matter if she gave him her name, if that was all she gave. "Well, good day, Mr. Gordon." She nodded at him and then started walking away, back towards the Abbey, from where she could get back to the steps.

280 Posts
8 Threads

"It is nice tae meet yu, Miss Nesah Meijer."  She had not indicated a title any more than he had, so he went with what he knew which was very little.  But at least he now had a name.  He might have to listen to anything he heard about the Meijer family.  He'd like to know more about her and her story.

When she seemed to be about to leave, he looked at his canvas, and then stepped beside it to watch her leave.  "I am aboot tae finish for the day, woold yu mind company walking back tae town?"  Why was he asking that?  He could do more painting.  He wasn't sure, but for some reason, he was curious about her.

If she said no, he would just continue painting, no harm done.  If she said yes, perhaps more time just being a normal ordinary man with an interesting woman.  Perhaps he could talk her into letting him draw her.  Those eyes and that expression just called to be drawn or painted.

142 Posts
6 Threads

Height: 5'4

Nesah turned and looked at him suspiciously. Her life knew very little variety at the moment, and she had half a mind to let him walk with her, just to see where it would lead. But then she thought of how awkward it would be if she should run into one of her brothers. She could permit herself a little more freedom than a young Whitby lady of her social rank, given that she knew almost nobody in town, and more importantly, nobody knew her. But she would be mortified if Zech or Menachem or even renegade Uriel would see her with some obscure gentile painter.

She lifted her chin. "I am alone, sir," she pointed out the obvious. "Good day." And she walked away.

280 Posts
8 Threads

He took that as a negative to his offer.  He shrugged and turned going back to his easel and painting.  It was no skin off his nose, though he had enjoyed the give and take they had experienced.  She was an unusual woman.  He wondered if she would find out who he was or would it even matter if she did.   He chuckled for a moment thinking of how stickly she had been.  Yes, an enjoyable visit.  His focus went back to the ruins and the image he was creating on the canvas ending up staying until the light got too low to continue.  Then he ate the rest of his food and packed up his kit to head back down to the town and his hotel room.