Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Dreams and Aspirations [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"You've made me so happy! I don't know how I will ever be able to thank you, my dear!" Rose said breathlessly. She imagined Andrew's eyes on her, full of adoration and longing. If ever he had harboured any feelings for Abi, surely he would forget them quickly if she wore something so beautiful and had her hair made all pretty. Even with her homely features, she'd be a true beauty. "Can I try it on?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"Of course you can, it's yours to keep." She smiled at her reaction and continued, "I bet your Andrew won't be able to keep his eyes off of you when you walk down the aisle." Pearl set the dress on the bed and picked up the other two, putting them back into the wardrobe neatly.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh no, I could never keep it! It's far too precious. But I'll be delighted to borrow it." Rose beamed and started taking off her dress without shame, for she wore many layers underneath. Her petticoat and stockings had been mended many times. Her corset was worn rather loose, because she did not like it interfering with her breathing while she was working - her mother used to scold her older sister for wearing her corset so loose, saying she risked hurting her back, but Rose had taken over the bad habit. She was muscular around the arms and shoulders, and her hips were on the wide side - but she was certain Andrew didn't mind good child-bearing hips. When she put on the dress, it felt rather tight around her shoulders and arms even before she tied it, though it was wide enough not to give her any trouble around the hips.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I insist," she said. "After all, it needs to be fitted to you for it to be perfect. Tilly will do it gladly, she so enjoys sewing." She patted her friend's arm when she saw how lovely the dress looked on her, if a little tight in the sleeves. "Consider it a gift. You could always dye it later and wear it to church." She smiled.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Tilly was lying, Rose was certain. All servants to their employers lied about how they loved their work. Nobody loved sewing. She sat down on the bed, dress still open at the back, a little overwhelmed by the proposal, and considering it. "I don't want to ruin your dress..." she began weakly. She could not quite find an explanation for why she was reluctant to accept the offer. But then her father's words of warning came to her mind. "I'm sorry, Pearl, I shouldn't have asked in the first place. I meant to borrow a dress, but certainly not to have to spoilt for you."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pearl sighed and said, "I want you to have it. Please." She was insistent. "You should learn how to take a gift when it is offered, you know?" She smiled and patted her friend on the arm. "You look beautiful in it. It looks like it was made for you anyways." She truly did not want the dress, never wore it, and would never wear it. It would go to waste in the wardrobe.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed. She did not want to be rude to Pearl and felt embarrassed. She sat back down. "It's not that I don't want to... It's that me father wouldn't like it." she tried to explain. "He says folk like us should be careful in acceptin' anything from the wealthy." He had also said she couldn't be friends with Pearl, but Rose wouldn't share that.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"It's your wedding, isn't it? If you want that dress, you shall have it." She said this with a smile and sat next to her friend.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose was quiet for a moment as she considered it. She was afraid of having that confrontation with her father, especially on her wedding day. But finally a small smile broke through and she looked at Pearl. "I suppose... from my wedding day I'll be Andrew's wife, so my father can't tell me what to do or not do anymore. I'll have your dress, Pearl. If you're absolutely sure."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Yes, I am sure. You look so pretty," she was truly delighted by her friend's acquiescing. She pulled the bell pull and Tilly appeared in all her cheerful glory, the plump little woman smiling cheerfully when she saw Rose in one of Pearl's gowns.

"Look at ye, miss! Don't ye look lovely?"

"Tilly. Could you, perhaps, tailor this gown to fit Miss Rose better before her wedding day?" asked Pearl.

"Certainly! I'd love ta." The older woman was genuinely pleased to take on such a task, for sewing relaxed her.

And so it was that Tilly began to fuss over Rose and expertly began to point out what needed letting out and such. "I'll have it done as soon as I can."