Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Dreams and Aspirations [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose smiled and blushed with all the excitement and pride of a young bride to be - well, this bride to be. "Thank you. Sorry I didn't tell ye we were courting before. It all went so fast. But he's very kind and nice, and he likes me, and I think we shall be very happy." She gave her friend a dreamy smile.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"I am happy for you, Rose," she said and meant it. She had said that she never wanted to marry, but it wasn't turning out to be true. Pearl wished for happiness more than anything and envied Rose that, but she wasn't so jealous that she couldn't be happy about her friend's upcoming nuptials.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose beamed and squeezed her friends hands again. She blushed. "It will be all... my sort of people. But I'd be so honoured if you'd attend, Pearl. I can lend ye a dress - though I'd sure it will sit rather loose on ye - and one of our scarfs for yer head, and introduce ye as me cousin, and outside of me family, no one will ever need to hear ye was there!"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I would love to!" Hopefully, they wouldn't say much about her being there and would focus on the wedding instead. And then Roses plan unfurled and she nodded, "I will go to your wedding. I will even try and talk like you or be silent. How does that sound?" It wouldn't be hard to pick up an accent, would it?
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose giggled. "T will be such good fun keeping that secret. I can introduce ye as a cousin from Robin Hood's Bay... Oh no, my cousins might come. Ye could be a fisherman's daughter who has just moved into town." Her father would not be amused at all. He disapproved of the friendship and had said Pearl would probably get them into trouble at some point, if not find a way to downright exploit her.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pearl smiled and said, "I will just be happy to watch you marry the man you love." Did Rose love the baker? Pearl had no way of knowing, but Rose did seem a bit smitten for the moment.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose was more smitten with the idea of being a baker's wife than with the baker, although she was not much aware of the difference. "Andrew is so sweet. It will be such a relief to live with him, after slavin' in that awful Mr. Meijers house. I'll have my own home to receive you in, Pearl! Doesn't that sound accomplished?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Yes, it does," she agreed, though her friend did not confirm nor deny that she was in love with this Andrew fellow. Either way, Pearl would not naysay. "Are you excited about the wedding?" she asked thoughtfully.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed and nodded. "I'm more excited about bein' a wife, and I'm a little nervous about everyone lookin' at us. But we'll keep it small anyway. I was wonderin…" she hesitated. "Well... if it's no trouble to you or her... I was wondering, with Tilly bein' t' maid of a lady, she must know quite a few hairstyles, and I... don't wanna be vain or owt or trouble ye, but I was wonderin' if ye'd let her do my hair."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I will be happy to lend you Tilly for the wedding. She likes doing hair." She smiled at her friend who deserved to have her hair pretty and a gown. "And I have a gown that might just work for you. It'd have to be tailored to fit you... Come, let's have a look!" She took her friend by the hand and started to tug at her toward the stairs.