Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Need to Breathe [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was hurrying to toss in a few essentials into a bag. He needed enough to get him through a trip. A couple of weeks? A month? He didn't know how long he'd be gone but he had to go. Between those two, the paper, and the trouble with Wesley. He wanted to quit and leave for good, but he couldn't do that. He had to just get away from it for a while, to get his head back together and remind himself why he was doing this at all. 

He looked at his cat and wanted to leave her in town but he didn't know who could take care of her. None of his friends were used to cats and he didn't want her left out in the cold over night. There was a crate he could use to safely have her travel with him. It would slow him down, but that was fine. He put the note from Gabriel into his bag when he thought he heard someone at the door. Not wanting to answer it, the man remained silent but it was clear they weren't leaving. Slowly, his voice called out. "Who.. who's there?"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

When he reached the door, Ben wanted the knock. But he heard Elijah call out and stopped himsef. Ben was much disturbed to hear about Elijah leaving, especially considering Ben's current situation, and without waiting for an invitation he opened the door and stepped in. He noticed the bags and looked at Elijah with a grim expression. So it was really true. "What on earth are ye doin'?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah jumped at his coming in suddenly. He frowned at the expression and looked away as he continued to pack. "I think it's clear. I'm taking a vacation. The town has a constable to take over for me while I get a break.. " his hands started to tremble but he struggled through it. "What are you doing here is a better question.."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"What am I doin' here? Have ye lost yer mind, Elijah?" Ben said. "I would have thought you'd come an tell us before ye'd go away all of a sudden?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was taken back by the way he spoke and frowned more. He looked away and shook his head. "N-no.. I've.. not.. lost.. my mind. I-I am not.. leaving for good or .. anything. I just .. am taking a little time off. W-why do I need to tell you about that? I will be back. you know..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben frowned. "Because... I care...?" What the hell ws wrong with this guy?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rubbed his arm. "You don't have to worry though. It is just alittle trip. I need a little air. You can see me when I get back. I just.. I'm really stressed and there's too much going on. I feel like I'm drowning, Ben. Alright? I've bothered you enough. I just wanted to slip out and come back. You might not have even noticed I was gone."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben frowned deeper. "Ye ain't never been a bother. And this town needs ye. Your friend is a bully."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "No one needs me here. I try to help those who seem most in need and they treat me like I'm either a coward or useless. The paper is making people who don't even know me against me. And Wesley.." He sighed feeling like he was going to cry. He hung his head low in his hands. "He wasn't like this back at the academy. And he is well liked there. I.. I have to believe this is just him acting out to try to scare people. Put out a bad name for himself so people behave. I can't.. I just have to not imagine he'll do anything extreme. It'll be.. fine. It has to be." Things would have only gotten worse if it was just him, and he didn't want to admit Wesley was his fault. He was well decorated in York. He just had to believe this was all for show and it would settle down in a week.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"T' hell with the paper..." Ben breathed. When Elijah was finished Ben took a deep breath. "'E's arrestin' people based on hearsay... He's arrested the wrong person for Noah's beatin'."