Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [Open] Reluctant to be Home [Railway Station]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"Medicines?" she echoed in question. Her eyes were intent on him by that point. "What kind of medicines do you sell? Do you have one to make a lass less angsty?" She was only half joking about giving her sister something to boost her spirits, but one could not simply medicine away something like the kind of woe her sister had. One does not simply just poopoo away a jilted bride, that was a fact.

"That would be something," she murmured to herself more than him, "A medicine to make my sister stop crying. Her fiance never showed up for the wedding... She hasn't been the same since. She is, sorry to say, a big reason I am taking the slow way home." She snorted.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony arched his brow and gave her a sincere look. "I am very sorry to hear that. If your sister is even half as pretty as you, that man was a fool. I am sure things will improve, but until then.. I couldn't insist my medicine more. It does an amazing job at helping one's mood." He smiled brightly at her as he started to dig into his jacket for a bottle. "I know I have one here. I will give it to you to let her sample. On the house.. for being such a delight. "He gave her a small wink.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She wanted very much to trust that the medicine he had would actually work, but she wasn't sure. Instead of turning him down though, she would take the offer graciously. After all, it was a gift and not something she would pay for out of her own money. "That is very kind and thoughtful of you," she murmured and smiled, her blush rising again in response to his many compliments. "I am not that comely, I don't know what you are talking about," she said softly.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony laughed slightly. "Oh, perhaps you should try some as well. I am worried about your eyesight since you can't see that you are quite a vision!" He gave her a charismatic smile followed by the playful wink as he had the cart slowly continuing on.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No, I just don't care so much. I don't simper in front of a mirror like my sisters do. I prefer to get lost in a good book than to stand there getting jabbed by pins and needles during fittings with the seamstress. My father calls me his little Scholar, which seems to please him. I am perfectly fine being plain and bookish." She laughed softly.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony raised his hand. "Ah, you are certainly not seeing the truth. You are not unattractive because you do not spend all day decorating yourself. You are a rarity. A natural beauty. It is fine you do not care, that's a good thing. It keeps a girl humble and not the type to .. explode over the little things." He shrugged.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"That would be my eldest sister... She is very dramatic. I prefer simplicity." She laughed, her cheeks red because of his words on her beauty. She liked the fellow just fine and thought it was a shame he was too much of a wandering spirit to stay in one place. But, she thought, at least he would be a good memory to keep for a time. "I am glad it was you who offered me a ride, you're a fine fellow indeed."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony chuckled. "You'll find many women are like that a wee bit. They can be delightful  but always a handful."

He placed a hand over his heart. "Don't pay me with compliments, my lady. You be already shared your lunch and given me such pleasant company on the ride. I fear I'll never pay you in return if you keep it up."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I am not asking you to repay me, silly." she laughed softly, and then out of nowhere, she leaned in and hugged at his arm a little, which indicated she was comfortable in his presence in that moment. "I only wish you would stick around, I like you and would be honored to call you friend." Even if she knew about his strange dealings.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Ah but all the world needs me and my cures." He leaned to her but not at a scandalous distance. "But for you. I shall stay as long as I can. I do so hate to disappoint a lady as refreshing as a morning breeze..."