Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Chin Up [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Kitty had gone out to surprise Uriel after school but found herself with plenty of time. As she wandered the town, she realized where she was. The woman couldn't help want to check up on the quiet girl. 

Not about to worry what people think, she walked up to the door and knocked. She glanced around as she rested a hand on her belly and leaned on her cane. Only when the door opened did the face it with a bright and happy face.

70 Posts
0 Threads

But it was a young boy who opened the door. He looked surprised at the stranger he didn't know. "Hello Ma'm?" Behind him, a girl and an old man were at work. The man was repairing a net. Anne was preparing the lines for the next day. She turned red when she saw Kitty and got up, knocking the tray with mussels off her lap.

"Anne!" Her father shouted, as the bait scattered across the floor and an earthenware bowl broke in two. The girl turned redder.

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" And she rushed to clean up.

Ben looked at Kitty awkwardly. "Can we help ye, Miss?"
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty smiled at the boy but her eyes moved up hearing the crash and could see a couple of people inside, one being the girl she had met before. She held up her hand to wave to the young man before her. "Ah, hi ya'll. I'm actually here to talk to Anne, if that's fine with ya?"

She tilted her head staring down at Will with a patient smile. "Won't take long."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

That seemed to upset Anne even more and she tried to shake her head behind her father, but stopped when he father looked at her.

"What do you need to talk to her about?" Ben asked, rather confused.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty rose her brow at his tone but waved him off. "I dun got lost the other day, an' this sweet girl came and helped me back ta town. I wanted to make sure she got home alright and thank her personally. If'n its alright with you?" She stared at the man who spoke, completely unintimidated.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben's expression changed. "Ye'r Mr. Meijer's wi-..." embarrassing "fiancee. Aye, Anne explained what happened. I hope you and t' bairn are both fine. Come on in. We'll make ye some tea."

Anne finished cleaning up, her face bright red. Will heated the kettle.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty looked at ease when he let her in as there didn't seem to be any trouble. "Ah, of course. You must'a heard of him cause yer children." She nodded and stepped in. "I'm quite alright, just my back acts up now and again. I hope you weren't too hard on her. She was so kind to help a stranger in need."

Her eyes only went to Anne when she mentioned her as she gave the girl a reassuring smile.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Not at all. I was happy to hear she helped you." Ben said. Anne smiled back lightly at Kitty and pulled out a chair for her. Then she picked up her tray and what was left of the bait and continued working. Will brought her a cup of tea.

"There ye go, Miss." he said and he sat back down to help his father repair the nets.

"And how is Mr. Meijer?" Ben asked.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty liked to appear strong, but she gave a sigh of relief when she sat and thanked the young man for the tea. As she took a sip, she looked towards who was clearly the father. "Ah he's well, but he's gonna run himself ragged between helpin me and school. I keep tellin him ta take it easy, but ya know how it is. He's so happy 'n all, he wants ta show off how skilled he is in everythin' like I could fall in love with him all over again." She laughed lightly. "How've ... things been around here?" She didn't know exactly what to ask since she'd never met the man. That made her laugh again as she held out a hand. "Ah, scuse my manners. I'm Kitty Calamity!"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

The strange name confused him, but Ben shook the woman's hand. "Ben Ward. Well, he does seem like a very motivated man, if I'm to belive Bram, me youngest. 'E's a blessin' for that school, with all he does for them bairns."