Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I'm back, bitches [Railway Station]
It's Father Kemble to you

44 Posts
2 Threads

"Religious life is not for all people, Miss Calamity," said George. "And not for those who would need many years. It isn't about you. Think of all the time priests and sister's could spend doing other service if they wouldn't have to spend years educating and directing you." He looked at her directly now.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Kitty frowned slightly. "I thought the church cared about helping people find their way closer to god. I'd 'a thunk it were more important, no matter how long, ta save a soul and help them become one of his sheep , ta help plow his fields, and be a good servant and all that.'

44 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh it is, Miss Calamity," Calamity indeed. Where was that bloody carriage? "But there are many vocations in life and many ways to serve God. I'm happy to see you've found yours." And ever that she couldn't do by the book.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty rose her brow but then grinned. "You're saying it is in god's plan I have a Jewish man's child? I suppose it is true that god loves the outcast." She was merely teasing now, which made her recall the old days when he was almost fun. "Remember when I started ta tease you in the confessional?"

44 Posts
2 Threads

His face twitched, but he forced a smile. "If you are getting married, I assume he's converting? And confession in a serious business, Miss Calamity. It was wrong of you to use it for your own schemes."

Would he get into an awful lot of trouble if he just got on the next train out?
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty shrugged, "We were planning to but you are not as inviting as he was. I can not promise how easily he'll be to convert and if it gets on your nerves at all you do tend to make things more difficult." She smiled and shrugged. "You stopped being serious too, you started to complain about how long it was taking. I told you it had backed up a lot, I needed to confess a lot. I'm sure you're happier it wasn't real. Your reaction was rather fun though, it was a good time. I think the church is happier when things aren't completely serious all the time. I prefer a smiling God after all.'

44 Posts
2 Threads

And here she was reminding him of all the reasons he disliked her. The arrogance to assume her uninformed opinion was above the teaching of the church. The inability to take holy matters seriously. Her complete disrespect towards him. The endless expectation that people should consider her. He was close to telling her he wouldn't mind if she left the church and joined a synagogue, but he held his tongue. "I see you haven't changed," he said through a smile that told her how much he hated her.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty shrugged,"I think the fact I'm getting married and starting a family shows I've changed a lot! Even though you made it clear you thought change was impossible for me. I am living a far more boring life but it doesn't bother me. There is someone on God's green earth that actually cares and sees the good in me, not just the bad.'

44 Posts
2 Threads

"Well I'm happy you are happy, Miss." He was especially happy she was not as much his problem as before. Where was that bloody carriage? George decided to walk, degrading as it was. He really wanted to get away from her. "Have a good day, Miss. My door is always open to you." Just because it had to be. He picked up his bag and started walking.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty was happy she was getting on his nerves. She saw him trying to find an escape and held up her hand, "I think you're still a bit spineless, Father." She let out a sharp whistle to get a cabby's attention and flagged the coach and gestured for Kemble to take it. "Maybe one day you can learn to change too, eh?" She stepped back to let him get on his way as she rest her hands on her hips.