Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Wedding Plans [The British Isles]

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

"Think nothing of it, darling," he said with a grin, pleased that she was pleased. "Consider it a gift from me to you. Does that sound agreeable?" He reached over and touched her hand. "My goodness, but you are so beautiful." He said this with sincerity, his eyes meeting hers so she could see he meant it.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'3"

Persephone blushed. He really liked to call her beautiful, didn't he? She loved it. "It is most agreeable," she replied, glancing down almost shyly as she took in the complement a bit more. Clearly, he meant his words, and it caused a flutter in her heart, but she was unsure of what it could mean. The train gave a jolt and a whistle blew above their heads, and as Persphone looked up to see the station slowly moving past the window, she let her fingers curl into the grip of Donald's.

171 Posts
6 Threads

When she curled her fingers around his, his heart soared! He was finding more reasons to fall in love with her. He wasn't certain he had fallen yet, but it certainly felt like he was falling fast if he was falling at all. "Good, I am glad we are in agreement over the gift." He grinned at her at that. He was going to enjoy the trip, he thought. "I said you would know about what my plans are and now is a good time to tell you. I want you to help make sense of the clinic. I want you to do what you love and help me to make the clinic the best it can be. That is, if you would like to. Will you be my architect?"
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone gasped and tore her gaze away from the window with wide eyes. "Really?" A wide smile grew on her face. "You mean that?" She leaned forward a little in her excitement. It was clear to anyone who even glanced at her that her joy was practically glowing from her smile. "Of course, of course!" She wanted to hug Donald, but she knew this would be considered improper, so instead she moved to hold his other hand in the manner of the one she was already holding. "Thank you." There was a power in her voice, that's how grateful she was, and she hoped Donald could tell.

171 Posts
6 Threads

"I mean it," he said, squeezing her hands at the sight of her joy. And to think, he had been saving that surprise for their wedding day. "I have to meet with my solicitor to set up the budget for this endeavor. I'll not be using your money, just so you know and won't think to offer. I am no pauper either and what is yours is yours." He did not want her to feel that the marriage was being made for materialistic reasons.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone gave a scoff. "If you need any funds, Donald, it's the least I can offer," she said, her grin never faltering. "You're giving me the opportunity to pursue my *dream*. Whatever I could do-" She paused, then tilted her head in consideration. Often, her train of thought slipped down a side path for a moment before re-converging onto the main idea. This was one of those moments. "Do you suppose you'd allow me- being my husband by then, and considering proprietary and such -to wear such things as overalls or trousers while working on the physical building aspects? It'd be such a pain to lay down plaster and the like in a skirt." Persephone wrinkled her nose up at the thought.

171 Posts
6 Threads

"I wouldn't dream of taking your money," said the good Doctor. "I have saved up just for this endeavor." When asked about clothing, he couldn't help but picture her in trousers and he would have bitten his lower lip but managed a smile instead. "I'll allow it. She would look quite delicious in a pair of trousers, he thought as he gave a once-over at that. "We wouldn't want you to ruin your pretty dresses either, now would we?" Because he still liked her in a pretty dress too.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone nodded with a smile. "Thank you," she said again, not just for allowing her the trousers option but for everything he'd done for her. She looked out the window, her hands still held by her fiance, and watched the scenery pass by for a short time. She grew disinterested quite quickly, as this was just Whitby outside- she wanted to see the moors, and the forests, and the cliffs along the sea -so she turned back to Donald. "I must say- my servants are quite excited to see you move in," she admitted, one side of her smile quirking up into a little smirk. "I try to treat them all as family, and their approval means a good deal to me." She blushed a little. "I do hope you'll like them."

171 Posts
6 Threads

"Think nothing of it, darling," he said when it came to her thanks. He didn't let go of her hands yet and was admiring the lines and curves of her face while she looked out the window. Just as he was about to grab up the newspaper, she began to talk again about her servants and their happiness with her choice to marry him. "I am glad I could make a good impression as that. I think I shall like them just fine."
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone nodded with a smile. She hoped so as well, but fell silent then and almost reluctantly let go of Donald's hands as the conductor came around to collect their tickets. As her fiance managed that, seeing as he'd bought said tickets, she pulled out a well-read book of Leonardo Da Vinci's blueprints and notes and busied herself with that while taking breaks to look out the window. There was a comfortable silence there between her and Donald, and it lasted for a while until Persphone could see the smokestacks on the edge of London appearing in the distance. "We're almost there," she remarked softly and a smile grew on her face. Just a short time more, and she'd be seeing Harriet again.