Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Wedding Plans [The British Isles]

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

"Well, what if we arrange for you to go to the modest? A wedding gown would be lovely on you." Not that she seemed particularly interested in fashion, but it was a start, right? He took the hand that was in his and placed it on his arm, "I am sure your mother would know where to go for a wedding gown." He began to walk with her, assuming she came with, around the greenhouse where the smells of the flowers overwhelmed at times. He was doing his best to comfort her if he could, knowing her nerves were probably all jittery with all that was going on.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'3"

Persephone felt herself growing more at ease as she strolled around the greenhouse on Donald's arm. She thought about it for a moment, then gave a nod. "Good idea," she said, though it was kind of a necessary component to a wedding. "Father will want to venue to be the church he and Mother were married in." She turned a questioning gaze to her fiance. "Is that alright with you?" She paused, then added, "Of course, you needn't answer that now, we should see the place before we decided. Right?" She wanted Donald to have as much of a say in this as her parents did, although she knew her mother and father would insist strongly on a few aspects and it would be folly to try and make a different choice for those things.

171 Posts
6 Threads

"I'd marry you in a flour sack if we could," he said with a smile, "The church is fine by me. Of course we can go see it beforehand if we wanted to. Flowers... Your sister seems to have a knack for growing them, perhaps she can provide flowers for the ceremony?" He continued to stroll with her, noticing that she was relaxing with each turn around the greenhouse. "I will take care of the license, you have no need to worry about that part." He smiled and went on to say, "It's normal to be nervous, you know? The first time I was married, I was a mess. I wouldn't change it for the world though. Once the wedding is over, you won't care that not everything is or was perfect, because it will be over in no time and we can start our life together."
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone gave a small smile. She hadn't known Donald was a widower- or had she just forgotten? Either way, she realized it didn't bother her at all because this was the here and now and she needn't feel guilty about a woman she'd never known. "Harriet would love to help with the flowers," she replied, "I'm certain of it. As for my nerves..." She took a deep breath, in and out. "I'll be fine as long as I can see you at the end of the aisle."

171 Posts
6 Threads

"Good. How about now, are your nerves better now?" He asked with a soft smile and guided her back to the house. "We can go for a walk if you'd like. I wouldn't mind it. We walk well together." He paused and then backtracked to reply about her sister, "I am sure Harriet would be delighted to help you with flowers. I can see why you both have a special bond with each other. She is a lot more like you than you might know." At least that was how he perceived it... except that gardening was more acceptable for a woman to do that architecture in the eyes of man, which he thought was complete poppycock.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

"They are better," Persephone replied with a smile as she let him walk her back into the house. Her mother poked her head out from the parlor, but noticed her daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law involved in their discussion, and so she made no comment and returned to whatever she was doing. Persephone considered Donald's offer of a walk and, considering the day was surprisingly warm for a Wintery London afternoon and she enjoyed his company, she agreed.

171 Posts
6 Threads

"I am glad," he said as they entered the house. He didn't even notice that her mother poked her head out, he was focused on Percy and a clear look of concern had been on his face while he worked on calming her nerves. He gave her time to get her coat or cloak while he got his own, even as London was unseasonably warm at the moment. When they walked out of the house, he made sure she had a hold of his arm as usual, and was quiet at first.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone started down the cobblestone road, smiling softly. She realized as she walked beside her quiet fiance that she was quite glad, proud, even, to be seen on his arm. She let the silence keep for a minute before offering to show Donald her old haunts that were in a decent walking distance. Or perhaps they should stop somewhere for lunch, as it was about that time of day. Or really anywhere else Donald wanted to go or be shown.

171 Posts
6 Threads

"We could stop for lunch if you'd like," he said when she brought it up. He was just happy to be walking with her. Donald found himself more and more comfortable with her as they walked. He pointed to a venue and said that there was just fine. When in the pub, he would pull a seat out for her to sit and then do the same when it was his turn. "Are you hungry? I know I am." he chuckled.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone chuckled along with Donald and graciously accepted the chair he pulled out for her. "Indeed, I am," she replied and carefully placed the napkin at her seat on her lap. A waiter came by within moments and offered drinks to each of them, and Persephone asked only for water, assuming her parents would be serving alcohol come suppertime and would indulge then. "Thank you," she said to the fellow, who gave a half-tilt of his torso, not quite a bow but almost as such, and she turned her gaze back to the table. The ring on her finger caught her eye and not for the first nor the last time, it swept her breath away to know she was getting married soon. How incredible was that? Married.