Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Chewing on the Gristle [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

497 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Benny shrugged as he walked. "Well... all I remember is being on the streets. So I don't know who my parents were. Might as well have climbed out of the mud." He grinned teasingly. "I love the sea. Traveling's great for the spirit. I was a totally different person when I left."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

“That’s a rough life alright.” There were some street children in Whitby. Most of those did have parents, but parents that couldn’t be bothered or mistreated them. But he heard it was worse in bigger towns. Struggling as his family was, Ben sometimes tried to give them at least something if he could spare. “Sea can be rough though.” Ben was leading him through different streets and lanes and yards.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny shrugged and gripped the netting a bit. "Well, I luckily don't remember too much. I remember afterwards much stronger." He smiled though most of the memories before the sea were very bad. "It is hard but I think the good beats the bad... You ever been to sea?"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben couldn't help a smirk at that. "I'm a fisherman." He said. "I've been out on the boats since I was but a little lad of six." They reached the yard which the Wards shared with several families. Several people were sitting outside. But Ben just tapped his hat at them and led the young man up some steps to a two room cottage, where three teenage girls were preparing food and setting a simple wooden table. "These are me daughters, Rose," the oldest girl of about 18 with reddish chestnut hair gave him a nod, before turning back to the stove. "Alice," a blonde girl of about sixteen with rosy cheeks gave him a smile. "And Anne". The last daughter was setting the table and looked up to give him a shy look. She was about fourteen, had a round face, and still wore her chestnut hair down. "I had not introduced meself. Benjamin Ward. At your service." He held out his hand.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny laughed slightly as it was obvious now that the man said it. He kept his smile on his face though he was slightly disappointed there weren't girls of personal interest, two of them looked young. Then again, most girls were out of the house and married by his age in these tiny towns, he thought. He nodded to them politely and shook the father's hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Benny Green." He made a show of sniffing the air. "You're right, the food smells delicious."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

The daughters all smiled thankfully at him upon hearing that, but none of them spoke. "Do sit down. Alice, do give Mr. Green here some water." The girl quickly brought him a cup of cool water. "Where did Bram go?"
"He went to fetch Will." The eldest daughter answered. Ben nodded and sat down. The room was not big for what was both a living room and kitchen, but there was a door that led to another room.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny thanked them slightly. He didn't know what people thought, but being a pirate didn't mean he didn't know any manners. He sat quietly and watched as the man seemed to be locating the rest of his family. "Thank you sir. I am grateful. I really hope I am not causing trouble by being here." It looked like it was barely big enough for them as it was.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"None at all." As long as he got his money. Two boys came in. The young one, who had helped his father, and an older boy of about twelve. They both tapped their hats before taking them off. The oldest daughter put a pan of some fish stew on the table. The youngest brought a pan of potatoes. Then they all sat down. "Please help yourself, Mr. Green." Ben said.

497 Posts
8 Threads

The young pirate rose his hands and shook his head. "This is your meal you all worked hard on. Please don't let me feed myself first. I can have quite an appetite. I want to make sure it is all shared fairly." He gestured to him to insist that he and his kids get their food first.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"You are our guest." Ben said. Nevertheless, he divided the food evenly. It consisted of a large potato each and some of the rather unseasoned fish stew. There was one potato left and Ben divided it between the guest and the eldest boy. "I must insist you take this at least."