Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Chewing on the Gristle [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

497 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Benny laughed innocently. "Well if you insist. As long as everyone is eating.." He began to eat slowly, occasionally glancing about at the unusual family. "You um.. look like you have a happy family. It's heart warming.." he said slightly as it was hard to eat and not have a lot of people talking.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

One of the children grasped. Father have a warning look. "Do excuse us." He said a short grace. All children folded their hands together and closed their eyes piously, except for little Bram who peeked at his brothers plate through his eyelashed. They all started eating when their father was done. Ben turned to the guest. "Aye, we had some misfortunes. But I'm very proud of each of these children. They are hard working and good." The children smiled quietly, much like a hostage might smile at their captor. "My eldest daughter Maggie's already married and she's two bayns of her own."

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny stared awkwardly as they said grace. He knew of it but hadn't done it himself. He stopped eating so as to not interrupt their prayer and gulped nervously after wards. "Ah.. that's fantastic for her. I hope they are as healthy and happy as yours are." He tried to act polite and kind though this was all a bit strict for what he was used to. "And.. the food is delicious. Even better than it smells."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Thank you, ser." The eldest girl addressed him at last with a sweet smile. "Aye, I told you she's a good cook." Ben said. It was tasteless. "So whom you're travelling with now?"

497 Posts
8 Threads

"Oh, just my captain. I have been with the same crew for some time!" Benny smiled and nodded to the eldest girl to thank her for the delicious food. It wasn't great, but he was rather hungry so it was far better than nothing and it was cheap, or he hoped it was. "We do lots of traveling. I guess you could say we work in exports."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"That's good, having folk to travel an make a livin' with when yer all by yerself." The children were eating quietly, glancing at the stranger now and then. "Are you a pirate?" little Bram suddenly blurted out. The older boy snorted. Ben slammed his hand down on the table.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny was startled by the question. A small smile appeared but disappeared immediately by the slamming hand. He stared at the man then shook his head speaking softer to the child. "You get many pirates round here? If you do, tell me. I'd love to meet them!" he grinned a bit, not about to be stopped by the man's strange and very strong reaction. He also managed to avoid answering it, himself. He took a big bite of food to keep himself quiet as he looked to the man to see if he'd respond angrily because of his reply.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

The children looked startled when their father slammed his hand down, but eased when Benny talked. "Ye wouldn't like to meet one." Benjamin said. "They kill and steal and" he looked at the children, "do terrible things." Then he turned to his youngest son. "That's a rude thing to call someone, Bram."
"Pardon me, ser..." the child told Benny.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny gave a half smile and tried to ease the man's concerns without giving himself away. "No need to scare them. They probably hear adventurous stories and get excited. It makes pirates seem like modern day Robin Hoods or something. Besides, pirates are a dying breed. I don't think you gotta worry about your kids running into pirates. "

The irony almost made him laugh. He ate with a large easy going grin and washed it down. "Tell me kids. You guys have plans when you grow up? Gonna sail the world or be a fisherman like your dad?"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

The children looked at him, the younger ones wide eyed, the older one confused. "We're a fishing community, ser." The oldest girl called Rose finally said, not unkind. "We'll all be fishers or collect flithers and repair nets."