Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah shook his head and hugged her, "please don't say that. You have all endured so much, and had the odds stacked against you. Don't think you failed me. " He was going to start crying too, it was so much. He wanted to help her and the rest of the family and he hated lying and keeping secrets. Every day it felt like there was something new going wrong and he didn't want to allow anything to get worse.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne nodded quietly, trying to stop her tears. When she saw how sad Elijah looked, she took his hand. "I'm just glad you're always there for us. I've..." She shook her head. "I must go and support Alice. Will you come for the lunch?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled softly and nodded. "I was hoping to spend -" He caught himself before he could say celebrating. It was far from a celebration. ".. To spend the day with you all for this. I have always felt like I was one of the family.'

629 Posts
22 Threads

"You are!" said Anne. She let go of his hand. "Let's go." As she walked out of the church, she was thankful at least that the bells had stopped ringing. Her mind returned to Alice, and though she dreaded being home right now, she picked up the pace because she realized that this would be the last time she could spend with her sister before... everything would be different. Anne had terrible misgivings.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

With a small smile, the tall man nodded and followed her quickly. He wanted to spend this day with the Wards and share in their family for such an important moment. He hoped it lead to something positive, even if it constantly filled him with uncertainty.

"You know I wouldn't miss it." Elijah watched Anne hurry on ahead to get home.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne was frowning deep as she walked, but when Elijah spoke, she looked up and gave him a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

They reached the yard and entered the small cottage, which was packed with people. Not that so many people had come. They had tried to keep it small. But with the Wards, including Maggie and her family, and some of the fishing girls and some neighbours, the room was full and filled with noise. Only Rose was not there, since she had to go back to work.

Bram ran over to Elijah and hugged him. "Elijah! I was afraid you wouldn't come!"

Alice was sitting next to Tobias, smiling now and then when someone congratulated her. She met Anne's eyes but looked away. Anne sat down next to her and took her hand, but Alice pulled her hand away, turned to Tobias and said something about the food. Anne felt like she had just been slapped.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Feeling the boy's arms around him brought a smile to Elijah's face. At least someone wasn't miserable today. He hugged the kid gently and nodded. "There's no other place for me to be today. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't come." His gloved fingers ruffled the boy's hair. "Are you going to help your sisters if they need anything? It is a rather hectic day and a good way to prove how much you've grown.' He wanted Bram to start leaning responsibility and generosity. "How have you been anyway?'

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Bram looked up. "Father told me to stay out of the way and not cause trouble." Bram argued. "So I can't help. And my sisters don't want anything because they're miserable.... Can I help you instead?" Elijah also never shouted at him or told him he was wrong or stupid. Big sisters did.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and smiled at him. "I'm afraid I don't have anything I need right now. But if I do, I will let you know immediately." He glanced towards the girls and sighed, he wished he could help them. "Forgive your sisters. They have a reason to be so sad, and it is my deep shame that I can't help them."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Anne got up, pushed her way through the crowd and sneaked through the door that led to the other room.

"I don't know why Alice doesn't want to marry him. He's got money.... I hope she gives me some." Bram added as an afterthought.