Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

497 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Benny rose his brow and stared at her. He leaned forward to speak low as he followed her after the ceremony. "You say that because she is your sister. If she wasn't, you wouldn't be so considerate and probably think the same. So just admit I'm right. Besides, I am not the one out there getting girls pregnant and running away, so don't lump me in with her or her old lover."

He whistled shrill towards Tobias and called out , "You're doing an amazing job!" He gave the man a raised fist to show he was on his side.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben was focused on Alice. He felt sick with fear for her. Both for now, that she might faint again, and for the time that was to come. But what could he have done? At least she was financially secure, more so than any of his other children. In the long run, it was for the better. And still he looked grim.

He was momentarily pulled out of his pondering, when he heard Benny speak up and turned. How dared that twat. He opened his mouth, but before he could say something, Rose slapped the young man across the face.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny stared at her as he felt the stinging in his cheek. "Damned woman! You know I'm right, you just couldn't say it so you strike me?" He wasn't going to grab her, she was surrounded by family and friends. He still wasn't going to be quiet and glared at her. "I can't help it if your family is living miserable lives. You all do it to yourselves. I tried to be nice, and you wanted to act like you're the better ones just because you don't want to be pitied. You're so pathetic, I do pity you and your whole lot!"

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne hadn't said it because it was a concrete plan. She hadn't even said it to ask for help. Anne had no idea how and whether it was even possible. She had said it because she has to protest. There had to be a no, if not from Alice, then from her. But when Elijah offered her help, the girl looked up. It was too much, the pain over what was happening to Alice. The constant fear. The lack of hope. And yet here Elijah was, once again, the only buoy in the stormy sea that was her life. The tears she had been holding back now flowed out all at once, and she wrapped her arms around his waist and sobbed against his chest, clinging on to him, like she had done, several years ago, when she had also betrayed her family to seek Elijah's help.

744 Posts
16 Threads

The whole thing had been uncomfortable and Tobias was happy it was over. Only it wasn't.

He recognized Benny as the guy who had bothered Alice before, when she had shown him around town. Clearly someone with issues. He stepped forward. "You should go." He said.

"Get lost!" said Ben.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah blinked and sighed holding her as he let her cry. He rest his head on hers and spoke quietly, "I'm sorry, Anne. I wish I could have helped everyone in your family but I keep failing. I'll do all I can to not fail you, so please don't hesitate to come to me about anything." He glanced over at the trouble and frowned. That guy was always up to something it seemed, but he was greatly outnumbered, so Elijah didn't have to step in unless an actual fight started.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny folded his arms showing he had no desire to move for the moment, though he also didn't want to get hit. "Hey, I didn't ask for your opinion. I was even being positive to your side, so don't ruin my hope your marriage goes well. Someone cursing a wedding can't be a good sign." He looked to Ben and waved him off to not care about his opinion. "I was just here to watch, you guys like to create such a show and it only makes you look worse. You could ignore me, if you wish. It would be the more mature and smart thing to do, but let's face it. When it comes to brains we know which of us is the superior one."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Rose stepped forward and shouted. "You're the most obnoxious... knob" - Alice grasped - "in the entire Empire!"

Ben put a hand on her shoulder. "Let him be, Rose. He isn't worth the trouble." He looked at Tobias. "Let's be off." Then he looked around and stepped inside of the church. "Elijah!... oh..." Anne was hugging Elijah and crying, and he was clearly trying to comfort the poor child. Ben nodded in understanding and then added quietly. "We'll be at ours..." And he stepped back out and the party started moving, heading towards the yard where the Wards lived.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne looked up, wiping her tears, when she heard her father. But he left again soon. Anne shook her head and swallowed. "You haven't failed us, Elijah. We've failed you..." She sniffed, but tried to keep herself from crying again.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny tilted his head and laughed quietly at Rose and Ben. "I suppose you can teach an old dog new tricks." He waved as they left, looking rather pleased but he also turned to leave before the others who were at the church could descend upon him. They wouldn't care what was going on other than he was insulting the bride and her family.