Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Welcome Visitor [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'3"

Persephone chuckled. "They'll be over the moon." She placed the letter on the coffee table between the loveseat and the sofa and turned back to Donald. She wasn't exactly sure what happened next; after all, she'd never been in a position like this before and thus had no experience on what to say. She hoped Donald knew, or else things might get a little awkward, she mused.

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

Donald decided to take his cue. "There is much to be done, my dear. If you could please give me your father's address? I will see to it the arrangements are made. Would you like to accompany me to London so you can be there when I ask for your hand?" He had definitely done this before, asking a father for a daughter's hand in marriage. He would do it once more. He also wanted to visit his solicitors to arrange for a surprise for his bride-to-be.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

"Certainly, on both accounts," replied Persephone with a smile. She was still getting used to the pet name 'my dear', but she found she quite liked it. It was sweet, and she started trying to think of a good pet name to call Donald in return. She turned back to the dresser and pulled out a sheaf of paper with her name stamped on the top. In perfect cursive, her handwriting incredibly neat (she'd found good handwriting was important when drawing out blueprints and other architectural documents), she wrote the address of her family's home in London and gave it to Donald. "When do you suppose would be a good time to go?" She rather hoped it would be soon, as she wanted to see her sister as soon as possible. She knew she'd have to write to her parents to tell them of her and Donald's coming, which meant a few days would have to pass at least until they could actually start the journey. She judged it as about a week, and waited for her new fiance's reply.

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

"Would tomorrow be alright for you? We could take the train, it will be faster than a coach I think. I am sure your parents will allow you to sleep in your bed at their home for a night, I can sleep at my old office since I am still moving things." He took the house address and pocketed it, giving her a small smile in the process. He would then give her a slight bow and say, "I will go and purchase the tickets now, and work on other arrangements." He moved to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Until tomorrow, Persephone?"
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone smiled and squeezed Donald's hand gently in a gesture of sweet farewell. "Until tomorrow, Donald." She walked him to the door and waved him farewell as he headed down the street, and when she closed the door, emotions still coursing through her, she saw nearly every servant she'd employed here in Whitby standing behind her with excited grins. "Is it true-" "Are you getting married-" "Lana saw the ring-" Persephone's smile grew to match theirs as she nodded and held out her left hand to show them the gorgeous sapphire ring. "Yes, I am engaged." Her servants, most of whom she was starting to consider family more than she did her parents, started cheering, even the boy who came and did the yardwork every few days. What a day this was turning out to be, Persephone mused happily, and decided to throw a little celebration with those in her employment this evening.