Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Just Don't Know [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius frowned. "It was exciting, but no. I longed for a normal, boring evening. I suppose he only called upon me, or perhaps anyone only if he wanted an exciting evening. Perhaps he hated being bored." He shrugged. "But he was the only one who called upon me. And he was a very dashing and charismatic man. I couldn't help but forgive him."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel sighed. "We are constantly called upon by others, if we allow ourselves to listen."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius shook his head. "My brothers literally avoid me. It is not my ignoring signs."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"But perhaps those you dislike, or you disregard, need you. And you could try harder and find friendship. Didn't you have to accommodate to your friend as well?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius frowned. "I did, but he didn't pretend to be my friend for anything other than me. He didn't need my money, didn't demand to use any connections I might have. It was just my person. I don't think they care. They use or hate people who have what they don't. Look at you. They use you. I am using you. For help and guidance, if it's for life or beyond. And I'm sure you do charity work that they use too and would be rather demanding if you suddenly stopped."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"But you could show them better," Gabriel said. "So much misery in this world is caused because we wait for others to take the first step in being good or kind. Or because we want to get even. But we don't have to. We could make ourselves vulnerable, and show kindness where there is none. More often than not, you may inspire something. I believe people want to be good, and want to be kind. It's what we're created to be."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius grit his teeth as he remembered the kid lying to him about his name. "Some might. But if you give them a speck of kindness they will demand the whole lot. And I know they will betray and stab me in the back if I relax around them. I don't believe you. I am sorry. Perhaps there are a few good ones out there, but there is a sea of monsters." And his best friend was one, just one that didn't try to hide himself, at least he thought so.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I'm sorry to hear you see it that way," Gabriel said quietly.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius frowned. "I have my reasons to see it. Are you telling me I'm completely wrong?" He looked at him. "I would offer you a deal where I'd make a nice donation if you could prove me wrong, but I suppose that's gambling isn't it?" Wasn't that a sin or something? He was certain it was.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I would prove you wrong for free, if you would let me..." Gabriel said, looking at him with a little frown. "Come back at noon, the day after tomorrow, if you like."