Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Just Don't Know [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

He shouldn't have come there but what else was he to do? After leaving the Wards he had a lot of feelings and no way to express or completely understand how to release them. He had no one to turn to. His only friend was dead, his family was useless, he couldn't even go to their church to ask. Zech? Just no. He found himself in front of the Catholic Church and frowned. 

"They ask for forgiveness a lot don't they?" He wondered and shrugged, thinking perhaps the priest would help him for a small donation. It certainly didn't hurt to ask and he couldn't care less what sort of reputation he got for going in. 

It looked empty and he felt confused. It wasn't a regular time for service, he didn't want to listen to some speech, he just wanted to talk. But was no one there?

"Helloo?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel had just returned from the local hospital, giving last unction to a girl who was dying of consumption. Those visits were always rough, for though he knew the family was greatly comforted by the sacrament and the knowledge that their loved one died in a state of grace, it was hard not to be infected with the overall sadness. All he really wanted was to have his evening meal and spend the evening alone with a book.

Alas, duty called. He stepped into the church. A young men. It was rare that they sought him out. The women tended to be more religious, and older men came to church in larger numbers once their own mortality started weighing on them. But young men were the part of the demographic that was hardest to reach. The rich even more than the poor. "Can I help you, sir?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius spun around to face him. Great, he started to fear it was empty and he would have to do an awkward walk out with questions unanswered.

"I was..ah.. hoping you could help me. I'm not part of the church but I could use some guidance." He sighed and stepped closer. "I find myself confused and full of questions. Was hoping you could help even if I'm a stranger." Especially because he was a stranger.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Of course." Gabriel said. "You needn't be part of the church to seek assistance." Come in, little lost sheep. Come in. He looked around. The church was deserted, and so he sat down in one of the pews and gestured at the man to do the same. "What's troubling you?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius nodded and sat. He was quiet for a moment and folded his arms. "I lost my friend a few years back.. and today I discovered the family of his murderer and confronted them."

" I was angry. I'm still angry! But I know it's not their fault. But I still want something. I want revenge. I mean, the guy was hung. But I'm still not happy." He was straight to the point.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel listened quietly and remained quiet still for a moment after Darius was finished speaking. "I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend. That must have been hard, especially losing him in such a cruel way..."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius nodded and frowned more. "I don't know what they were doing together or why anyone would stab him. "

He grew quiet and shifted back a little. "I mean I guess I could. He could be pretty bad sometimes. But.... He didn't deserve to die. And he shouldn't have been hanging around that guy. We were friends, why didn't he tell me? And what do I have to do to get rid of it?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel looked at him. "Get rid of what?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius clenched his hands. "This anger. This wish for revenge. This misery. All of it. Any of it!" He started to wonder if this guy was useless.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

He did seem angry indeed. Gabriel figured it had to be a close friend who died, for this man to still feel such strong emotions. "Is is because there are things you don't understand about him? Things he didn't tell you?"