Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Question [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

744 Posts
16 Threads

[Content warning: reference to child marriage]

Would Elijah ever have time to himself, or time alone with Anthony? It would seem not. It was late in the afternoon when there was a knock on his door. Tobias stood there, wetting his lower lip, his hands buried in his pockets to hide that he was feeling rather nervous
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah opened the door and glanced back in before stepping out and closing it behind him.

"Ah, Tobias. I.. I must apologize for the other day. I got into a heated argument with Ben. Just let things run away with me..." He assumed that was why the man was there.

He looked at him head on and tilted his head. "Everything alright ?"

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias relaxed, quite relieved. He took his hand out of his pocket and rubbed his beard. "That's alright. I suppose it was all a bit unexpected. But, I did mean to ask you something..." He seemed to hesitate.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rose his brow curiously. "Oh? Don't hesitate to ask. I will do my best to answer. I would invite you in for tea but I was just on my way out to get back to work. " He was about to ask if the man wanted to walk with him but decided to just stand and talk in case it didn't take long.

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Oh... I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to delay you." He looked around. "It was just," This was really not the right moment or place. But he had to get back to his farm, and so he had to ask now. "I would never have made that proposal to Alice if there were other options for her. I just figured from what you all explained to me that the father of the bairn was not in the picture, and that she was in a desperate situation if no other man would marry her and claim t' bairn. But then when you got angry, it made me think. Elijah, please answer me honestly. Do you love Alice?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rose his brow. "I do love her.. as a sister. I honestly just worry about her being away from home, especially in a more delicate and emotional condition. I was hoping perhaps her sister Anne or someone could come for a couple of days so she would have someone familiar with her. And I suppose while I had hoped the father would want to be in the picture , he is far from reliable and I really don't want Alice to suffer in uncertainty. I am again sorry I let things get so upsetting. It was just.my worrying over Alice, but not in any romantic way. I would worry about anyone in the family if they'd been in such a similar distressed situation."

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Oh...." Tobias looked embarrassed. "I'm sorry... It was just your reaction..." He scratched his beard once more. "I understand."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled and shook his head. "I understand how it must have looked. It was a lot of things that had built up. I apologize I gave you the wrong idea. She is a very kind girl and I just want what's best for her."

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias nodded. "Then we understand each other. I hope I didn't embarrass you."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "I hope I didn't cause you any issues with this misunderstanding. I am hopeful that if you do decide to marry her that you both make each other happy. Even if you're not in love, I do not feel comfortable with a cold marriage even if it's for convenience, I don't think asking for some fondness or friendship for each other is much to ask."