Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] One Sunday Morning [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had no trouble leading him towards the church, and he only yawned a few times. He promised himself to never drown his misery again. Of course, he could only hope he kept that personal promise. 

"I hope the trip here wasn't bad. It was a very long way. At least the weather has been fair." Elijah said encouraging as he didn't know what else to speak about just yet. It would be easier when they were with Ben. He touched his bandaged cheek and winced, it wasn't infected just badly bruised around the cut. "Are you planning on staying in town tonight or making the long trip back?"

744 Posts
16 Threads

"It was a nice ride. I imagine it would have been different in the rain." He drove the cart following Elijah's instructions. "I'll go home tonight. I wouldn't want to impose on anyone's hospitality... Depends. I might be back soon. Anyway, I have the farm to look after." He quickly looked sideways. "Must have been some fight, huh?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah would have responded with his normal habit of it not being a problem to let him stay, but he couldn't let the man stay with him. The reason to get home to the fields was important even though it was winter. He had animals  to care for.

"I do hope you have a safe trip back. "

He rose his brow and looked sheepish, "Oh yes, one of my worst in recent times. Got hit with my own cuffs if you'd believe it. So glad they calmed and went in without too much trouble. "

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias looked at the constable shocked, but then quickly turned his eyes back on the road. "That sounds painful. I didn't know you had such rough folk in town."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly, "It's a rough time, sir. Some people don't work, some people don't make enough. It causes frustration and anger, so they drink. They get angrier as they drink, and it comes out. I don't think of them as bad people at heart. People changed by a bad situation." Of course, that didn't explain the incident last night, but he wouldn't mention that particular fight's reason.

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Aye, I can see how rough conditions can make people more prone to violence, but to hit you with yer own cuffs..." He shook his head in disapproval.

They arrived at the methodist church, conveniently accessible by one of the less steep roads.

"Why, Tobias!" Ben called out. Ben and the children were all dressed in their best clothes. The girls blushed deep when they saw him.
"Hello Ben. Good to see ye all in good health. Elijah was so kind to show me the way to the church."
"Will ye join us, Elijah?" Ben invited. It was hardly the first time he tried.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah walked over to speak to them and shook Ben's hand. "I am grateful for the invitation, I have to go to the station and let some people out who spent the night there. Soon as I'm done, I will go to mine. Perhaps another day, I don't wish to make you look bad by coming in a few moments late.'
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Hey Elijah." Rose greeted.
Ben nodded. "Alright then. Next time, hopefully. We'll see you after church then."
Tobias clapped Elijah's shoulder. "Thanks for the directions. I'll see you later." And he went to talk to the family.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled and waved to Rose. He nodded to Elijah, "Thank you for the ride." He waved and left to go to the station and then try to pay attention in church while he stared at the handsome priest.

Later, he headed over to the Wards' to see them for dinner as had been planned. "Sorry, I hope I'm not late." He was sure he was there on time if not a few minutes early, but clearly he'd been so distracted lately he couldn't trust he remembered the time exactly right.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Their protestant service was conveniently much longer than the catholic don't-go-over-the-hour-or-we'll-just-go-home Mass, and so Elijah was right on time, despite his other errands.
"Right on time, Elijah." said Ben.
"Would you like something to drink?" Alice offered.
The other girls were just taking something out of the oven or stirring a pan. Tobias was already seated and looked around at everything that seemed to be going on at once in the crowded cottage.
"Elijah! Sit with me!" Bram shouted over the noise.