Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] One Sunday Morning [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah felt happy to see the place full of energy and seemed rather happy. He nodded to Alice, "Thank you. I would. Anything is fine." He tried to go to the table without being in anyone's way and made his way to wash his hands first. "Of course, Bram. One moment. " After making his way back to sit by the boy he smiled at the men. "I hope church service went well today. You two talk much on the way back?"

744 Posts
16 Threads

"It was a good service. I liked the sermon." Tobias said. "I might come again sometime, if the weather allows for it."
"You're always welcome to come for dinner after." Ben said. "I hope your service was good, Elijah. You look awful, no offense. Tobias said you were attacked."
Rose began putting food on the table. "Bram, don't just sit there. Make yourself useful and get some water," she ordered her little brother. He pulled a face, but Ben gave him a little push and the boy got up and did what his sister said.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Oh it was alright, I enjoy the new priest, he has a lot of passion for what he teaches. Far better than the old one." He chuckled and held up a hand over his cheek as if embarrassed, "It was quite a challenge. I almost had one but another snuck up on me from behind. It happens unfortunately, I didn't think he'd fight for them since they were fighting each other to begin with. That's not the first this has happened though. Perhaps it'll improve my face", he joked.

"Sorry, Bram. The sooner you do it the sooner it'll be over and you can sit again."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"That's rough alright. Well, I hope it will heal soon. There's some real difficult folk in town." Ben said.

No shit.

"Aye seems you have quite an adventurous life, Elijah." Tobias said and he gave him a friendly push. "If ever you want a safer career, you can always move to Goathland."

"No way, we couldn't do without him." said Ben.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled huge. "I tell you, more than once it has been very tempting to go some place quieter." Like last night. During the fight he daydreamed going home and packing up his stuff and just going, to be honest. "But these people are like family to me." He gestured towards the ones around him. "And I do worry about someone taking my place. Either not doing their job well enough or being like a few people who let the power get to their heads. They worry more about pleasing the rich folk and never help those most in need. They like to throw them in prison and be done with it." He frowned sadly. "I don't want that to happen here."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"You're too kind for this town, Elijah," Ben voiced the opinion of a few intelligent and charming people in a far off time and space.

"Well, I believe the town is happy to have you." Tobias said.

"I believe so." Rose piped in. The girls brought the rest of the food to the table and all the children sat down.

Ben said a prayer, but when he was done, he cleared his throat. "I just want to say... I'm thankful for you all bein' 'ere. We met under troubled circumstances." Alice looked embarrassed, but Ben gently put a hand on the back on her head. "But we'll speak no longer of past mistakes. I'm very thankful I have my daughters here with me alive. And it's you I have to thank for that, Tobias, Elijah. So let's celebrate life and kindness today. Thank you for your generous and courageous deeds."

Suddenly Will started rapping the table and the others joined in as a sort of applause.

Tobias smiled. "Thank you, Ben."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled finding himself unable to say anything as he wasn't used to being thanked for doing his job. He looked down humbly until the others joined them.

He nodded in agreement and glanced to Tobias as he felt he was the one who did the most help. "I am grateful we lost no one that day and that perhaps the future will be kind to all of us." He smiled at them and glanced quickly to Alice hoping her future was brighter than it seemed before looking forward again ready to enjoy the food.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice was looking a little bit relieved that her father did not scold her in front of others again and seemed more forgiving. The good thing about going to church on Sundays... She caught Elijah's eye, blushed, and looked down.

Ben and Rose started helping everyone to food and then started eating.

"Ben says you've worked in York, Elijah?" Tobias asked. "My brother lived there. How did you like it?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah started to eat and nodded towards Tobias. "Oh yes, I loved it. It was very busy and crowded though compared to here. I felt like even though I spent a few years there I never saw a fraction of the place." He laughed softly. "I was planning on staying there when I went but I returned home to be a constable here in stead."

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Aye, it is big, alright. But it has its charm. Have you been, Ben?"
"Some years ago," Ben said uncomfortably. The children looked down. Wow, that mood changed fast.
"Whitby is charming as well." Tobias said quickly.