5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Bram nodded. "I hope you don't die for a very long time either."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah smiled. "Thank you, that is very nice to hear. Let's hope we both grow up to be very old grumpy men.." He laughed softly as he walked home.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

---

The next afternoon, Ben was in his cottage with about eight fishermen, talking.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah walked in after letting Bram go play and froze. "Oh, I am so sorry for interrupting. " He nodded to them and turned to go.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"It's alright, constable Crane. We're about done," said one of the elderly men. "Thank you for what you've done for Ben and his daughters."
"We've agreed then." One of the men said and he got up. The other men followed, and they took turns shaking Ben's hand before leaving, some clapping Elijah on the shoulder and praising him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly and thanked them, though he didn't know what. He was the constable and cared about them a lot, he figured he did what anyone would try to do. He gave Ben a confused look. "What was that all about? I .. am happy they are thankful but that's odd. I try to help people all the time."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"But you went out of your way. And they are very thankful for bringing our lasses home." Ben said. He gestured for Elijah to sit down, and then got up. He knocked on the door that led to the other room and Alice came out, looking timid. "Wash up these cups and prepare Elijah some tea," he ordered. Alice took a basin and rushed out to fetch water. "I hope Bram hasn't been giving ye trouble."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly, "But I almost failed. There are others whom I think deserve just as much thanks. Though I do thank you.." He looked at Alice and sighed, not meaning to make her feel bad. "I am sorry for troubling you, Alice.." He told her before she disappeared and looked back at Ben and slowly sat.

"Bram is a good kid. He can be a little wild and all, but it happens. I feel he has a good heart once he understands the world better and grows up a bit."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice came back in with her basin full of water. Her shoulders were drawn up, as if she was trying to make herself smaller. She shook her head. "It's no trouble, Elijah," she said very quietly. She added the water to the kettle and to the water basin in the kitchener, and took hot water from the tap in the bottom, gathered the cups that had been used for the prior meeting and began to wash up.

"Aye, I hope he will. Thanks for having him over, while... all of this is happening," Ben said.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He sighed, hoping Ben wasn't being too harsh on her. He wanted to speak more but would have to wait until he could without Ben around to try to tell her not to,if he did.

"Oh, don't worry about it. He's a good kid. I like having him over. And if it makes it easier on all of you, all the better."