Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Odd Ones Out
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

That look made Darius flinch instinctively. He'd never been struck by Chris but some things were worse and more humiliating. He was about to open his mouth, but for once John proved useful. As the man rambled on about cheap women, he looked aside losing interest in the conversation. He glanced at Chris to make sure the man wasn't sizing him up and cleared his throat. "Why don't we.. make plans for the evening? Perhaps something that requires less breaking and entering?"
Ghost of Unfortunate Pasts

74 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]

[CW: Weird fetishes.]

John only paused to catch his breath from rambling about big breasted lactating women, but that was enough.

Chris, as usual, looked unfazed. John was quicker to answer.

“She’s still lactating if you-”

“Were you never weaned?” Chris cut in with an amused smile. “Come now. Darius has an idea.”

He looked to Darius expectantly.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked at Chris and he knew the fear was obvious in his eyes. He did not have an idea, and the ones that came to him: theatre, gambling, even a quiet evening at home; they would all be not only shot down but laughed at. He looked away to avoid that gaze and think deeply. He rubbed at his jawline in thought. "Oh.. c-come now.. my good man. I'm sure.. you can think of something.. far better than I. You're the one with all the.. brilliant plans."

74 Posts
1 Thread

And Chris smiled the most sincere smile of all.

“Come now. A brilliant man needs brilliant friends. Surely you can think of something exciting-”

“Brothel,” John immediately shot in.

“Something new and exciting,” Chris corrected.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked very concerned. He tried to hide it with as charming and confident of a smile as he could manage. "Ah, well.. You always have the best ideas, Chris. I am not comparable but.. I suppose.." it was far too late in the day to suggest hunting. He looked around nervously before the words fell out of his mouth.
"What about a little...adventure. We just wander and see .. what we find?"

74 Posts
1 Thread

Chris patted his pocket – the same one Darius had seen him draw a pistol from – with a beatific smile. He slapped Darius on the shoulder.

“That’s the spirit, big guy.”

They were the same size. They could probably even fit in the same suits.

John rolled his eyes, but rose after Chris did.

“Lead the way.”
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius managed a half smile at pleasing Chris. He was quick to get to his feet and follow. He hoped if he and their leader was first, it could leave John with the bill and forget that guy.

It was only when he stepped outside did he feel an uncomfortable chill. He had no idea where to lead them. He took a deep breath and looked up at the sky for a moment before turning left. "This.. this way.."

74 Posts
1 Thread

Fortune smiled on Darius today. A waiter hurried after them, catching Chris’ shoulder.

“John, you owe me,” Chris said breezily, then kept walking.

They could hear John arguing in the distance, something along the lines of inquiry regarding the waiter’s knowledge of John’s parents. Chris looked satisfied. Content, even. John faded into the background.

“Just you and I, Darius. A rare pleasure.” He straightened his tie. “I’m so excited to see what you have in store for us.”
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Just...him and Chris? strolling along the road in the evening away to wherever destiny awaited? Oh it was somewhat romantic. He glanced over and felt a warmth in his chest and then back at the way they were going. He rubbed his cheek nervously, "If.. anything pops out at you, don't hesitate." He knew the man wouldn't hesitate at anything as they walked.

They perhaps hadn't gone more than a block when he spoke up to him. "I must ask.. how do you know that man.. If I may be.. um.. bold enough to inquire? The one that left your house that day."

74 Posts
1 Thread

Chris smiled, at ease with [his place in] the world. He looked to, fro, up and then down when Darius beckoned him. Then, he picked up a rock, one that fit just so in his palm.

“Beautiful piece of nature, the rock.”

He tossed it in the air and caught it as they walked.

“That man?” he asked. “I know many men of good standing. You’ll need to be more specific. Which day?”