Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Running out of time
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah frowned at him. "Please, let go. I won't mention her and I will say I just saw you walking down the street. You won't be involved, but he broke his word. I told him not to touch any of you again and he hurt you. I don't care what words are said. I can't allow this. What will happen if the others start acting out when they get older. Kids can be rebellious sometimes. Do you want Bram or Will to end up like this??" He waved at his face and gave him a serious dark frown. "I promise.. I don't want to hurt him. But words will be said and if you'd let me, I will arrest him. I care about Ben, but he can not do this."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Anne sat down on the floor and curled up, putting her face on her knees and wrapping her arms around them.

Simon held on for a moment. Father could be harsh with Will and Bram, as with all the kids, though not like he was with Simon. But he had to admit the fear had crossed his mind. What if him leaving put his siblings at risk? But he had tried not to think that. After all, wasn't he the one ruining everything? Wouldn't the home be more peaceful without him? He had to think it would be - that his siblings would be fine - or he would be trapped here forever.

But he did worry. He let go. "Don't arrest him..." he requested.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed but patted his shoulder. "Alright, but only because you asked me not to."

He stormed up to the house and the door shook with the pounding his fist made upon it. It would have hurt if not for his gloves to soften the blows. "Ben! Come out." He called out as he stood at the door. If he wasn't outside in a few seconds, he would break in. He didn't think Ben would be a coward though.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Simon cringed and grasped when Elijah patted his shoulder. When the constable was gone, he slowly sat down and pulled his sister into a hug.

Ben opened the door, holding a pipe in his hand. "Get lost, Elijah."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked from the pipe then back to his face. "Will you make me? I saw Simon walking down the street. You did that to him? You best start talking, Ben and hope you have a good excuse." He put a good forward to keep the door from closing on him.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

There was a small movement at Ben's jaw. He looked at Elijah hard. Behind him, Bram and William were sitting by the fire, looking up attentively. Alice was looking at a school book and didn't look up. Rose, with half-knit sock in hand, looked at the two men and pressed her lips tightly together. Ben calmly took a draw of his pipe and blew out the smoke. Only a light shaking of the hand might betray that he was not as calm as he pretended to be. "Did what?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah did not believe for a moment that Simon and Anne would lie to him, of course he couldn't mention them as they'd bear the wrath of Ben's anger.

"Why is Simon hurt. You don't seem concerned,so you must know his condition. I promise, I am not here to arrest you.'
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"You seem to have your answer already. So what are you still doing here?" Ben glared. "Go away, Elijah. And mind yer own business."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah narrowed his eyes. "Are you telling me you hit him. It is a yes or no. I will not do anything until I have that answer, and I am trusting you to be honest with me, Ben." He leaned forward to show he wasn't about to walk away or let the man slam the door in his face.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben glared. But he took time to draw from his pipe again and slowly breathe out before he answered. "Aye, I did. An' he had it comin' too."