Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Whitby's informal constable [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"I'm not a lady, just Rose." She said, her voice a little kinder this time, though she still felt upset. "I'm just doing the usual stuff, collecting flithers and preparing lines. But for other families now... Father's too weak to go out on the boats now. I'm looking for another position..." but that was not going to be easy. "Ruth seems happy..." She commented. Her friend and Claudes sister had gotten married while Rose was in York. It was probably hard not to be happy leaving that home.
Cabinetmaker

139 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

"You're eighteen, not a child anymore" he stated with a sigh. Did she honestly have that little pride in herself? Simon would be sad...

Claude thought for a moment before switching shoulders once more. "George will come help with the boats after he is finished at school for the day." While his younger brother was, well, young, George was the most reliable and trustworthy of his siblings. Not yet working so it would be of little loss to his family but it would help the Wards.

"She does..." he looked straight ahead but a small, fond smile did show for a moment on his lips.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose had rather too much pride, according to her siblings, but she did not consider herself anything but a simple girl from a fishing family, and a strong one, not delicate, and not in need of chivalry. It didn't matter. She did not feel the need to get away anymore and they were almost at her yard anyway. "Eh, you'll need him at home." Rose responded to the offer. They had enough children's hands helping anyway. "I daresay your family struggles more than mine." Her own father might not be able to work anymore, but at least he didn't waste money, and tried to be as little a burden as he could.
Cabinetmaker

139 Posts
6 Threads

Claude looked upon the yard and stopped a good distance away, even from here memories of time spent there with Simon flowed through his mind, making his heart sink. "He will come and help. The training will do him some good" he replied, lifting down the basket to offer to her. "We get by as it is... most of the time. You don't."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"We have plenty people helping us." Rose said, and she took the basket. "Thank you, Claude. Won't you come in for a cup of tea?"
"Is that Claude Longbottom?" Came her father's voice from the yard. "Do come in son. I ha'nt seen ye forever."
Cabinetmaker

139 Posts
6 Threads

As Claude thought of one reason or another to leave, Mr Ward's voice called out making him freeze like a deer in light. With a deep sigh he looked towards the yard, his feet unwilling to take him there. "Next time Sir" he called out before looking at Rose. "I... can't. Sorry..."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose gave him a puzzled look. "Wh-, Claude..." But she realized Claude might have responsibilities at home and she did not want to keep him from them. "Do come over soon, please."
Cabinetmaker

139 Posts
6 Threads

Claude gave her a tight smile. "Look after yourself Miss Ward" he turned and started up the way they had come, now in the need for a drink.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"And you." Rose said, and she stared after him before turning into her yard. Several people from the "cottages" that led to the yard sat outside or in their doorstep. Rose joined her father and sisters and they started preparing fish lines.