Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Looking for allies [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel entered the bakery, dressed in black cassock and roman collar, and a black coat over it, for it was cold and rainy. He was still getting to know the people in town. He knew those who regularly attended Mass now, but they were few. Some of the wealthy parishioners had even stopped coming, although he had seen two new working class families. The bishop had already sent him an angry letter telling him he was draining the parish of its resources and that whatever the problem was, he needed to fix it. Gabriel had meant to write back and ask the bishop for advice on how to get a camel to crawl through a needle's eye, but he had figured that that wouldn't help him in the long run, and so he hadn't replied yet. But Gabriel wasn't going to stop trying to improve some things in town, and this visit was hopefully part of it.

9 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: She her
Height: 5'3

Elizabeth was putting the bread she had been working on with her father. He mostly worked in the back while she moved between the back and front of house where her mother usually serves the tills but she was home tonight. 

She was patting the flour of her hands when she saw the man knowing as Gabriel who ran the church. She often went on Sunday as her family were firm believers, she smiled to him now as she noticed him in the bakery. 

" Greetings Gabriel what can I help you with today?" she asked gently " We have a lot of fresh goods." 

She had no idea what he wanted really but she was sure he'd tell her. 
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

She took more liberty than he was comfortable with, but he forced a smile. "Good morning, miss Baker. I hope you are well." He looked at the breads on display. "Two of these buns, please, and two of these." He pointed. Usually his housekeeper did his groceries, but Gabriel felt it would be rude to show up with a request without buying anything. Maybe he could use the bread to bribe kids to come to catechism class. Rumour was that it did miracles for the new teacher, Mr. Meijer.

9 Posts
2 Threads

Elizabeth smiled as she cleared her hands of flour, so now she was free to walk the store and help Gabriel out in the store. 

I am very well Gabriel, how are you this day?” She asked curious yet friendly 

Gabriel began saying what he wanted from the bakery so she began picking up what he wanted and wrapped it up, she put the bread on the counter as she began ringing up what he had brought.

That is a lot of bread, so what is it for?”
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I'm quite well. Thank you." Gabe said as he watched her gather the bread. "I figured it might encourage children to come to catechism class if there is food there. I heard it works for the new teacher, Mr. Meijer. Have you heard of him? Seems he has quite his own way of going about things, but it works."

9 Posts
2 Threads

Elizabeth was glad to hear that he was well, she smiled brightly, she knew that having food might encourage the children to church. 

I don't believe I have heard of Mr. Meijer.” Elizabeth replied gently 

She wondered who he was and what he meant to the church, she looked around for her parents as she handed Gabriel some left over bread. 

Here for the poor, just don't tell my parents.”
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"He's feeding the children that come to school." Gabriel explained. "Or so I heard. They say even the parents who don't care about education are sending their children to school so they get a free meal." And Gabriel was determined to make his own contribution in improving the situation of the poor.

However, when the young woman held out the bread, he shook his head. "Oh no miss, your intention is good, surely. But your parents work hard and to take anything without their permission would be theft. No, actually, if you want to help the poor, I am planning a meeting for which I would like to invite you and your family."