Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I'm not supposed to talk to you

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne, eleven years old, with a red braid on each side of her head, was on her way back from the beach where she had been collecting mussels and flithers. She was carrying her basket on her hip, quietly humming to herself, but she stopped and shot red, when she spotted Elijah coming her way. It was a week or so since Elijah had taken her father in, and it had upset all of them. Father had been more irritable than before, and his long silences made everyone tremble. There was a lot more tension between him and Simon. Father had forbidden them to speak to Elijah, and it was upsetting to the young girl, for she knew how much father used to care about him and Elijah was like family to them. Anne bit her lip nervously as he approached.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah wasn't a fool. He knew pretty quickly that he was getting the cold shoulder from the family. He was surprised when he saw Anne and she didn't immediately turn to pretend she didn't see him. It took the man a moment to think of what to do, but as he came closer, he merely rose his arm and waved gently trying to smile at her.

629 Posts
22 Threads

It took Anne all self-control she could muster not to raise her hand and smile back - well, that and the fact that she would drop the basket. She cast her eyes down, but then looked up apologetically.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked sad when she wouldn't frown back. He noticed the look and gave her a small smile to show he understood and nodded to her. He kept walking intending to let her pass, he wouldn't force her to talk to him since they obeyed Ben. And he couldn't blame them for being mad.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne looked after him sadly. The look he had given her was encouraging, but she still felt guilty. And then she knew what to do. Father had told her not to talk to Elijah. She went home and then found one of the small parks, picked a flower, went to Elijah's home and put it the door, sticking out of the keyhole. He might not know it was her, but at least he wouldn't feel entirely forsaken, for he would know someone thought kindly of him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked surprised when he saw the flower. He smile though, happy at the thought and put it in a small cup of water so it would stay alive as long as possible.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Two days later Rose spotted Elijah on her way to the harbour, but she looked the other way.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah hung his head and sighed as he walked pass her. When he got to her side he spoke loud enough for her to hear, "I don't blame you for being angry at me. I am sorry."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose stopped, turned red and bit her lip. She had not expected Elijah to say anything, and the anger she had told herself she felt, suddenly turned into frustrated tears. "I'm not supposed to talk to you..." she said very quietly, and not looking at him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded. "I figured. It's ok Rose, I don't want to cause any trouble. I know I'm enemy number one with the family. I am just glad to see you're doing ok. Keep safe, ok?" He didn't look at her, he pretended to be checking his time.