Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem looked curious at the choice he made. Didn't think it would be the detective's type. He laughed and made a move to pretend to slap his arm but only patted it lightly. "Perfect choice! My kind of place. I'll meet you there. Don't let me down!" Of course, he believed the man wouldn't. Everyone else in the world let him down, but he believed in him and saved him. So he wanted to continue to believe he'd keep his word.

He kept the big and more sincere smile on his face before he released the man from the conversation. "I am sure you have a lot of people to say hello to. So I'll let you mingle. Best way to get more clients, am I right?"
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'3"

He laughed uncomfortably. Aslan certainly hoped no one needed an investigator at a ball of all things. Last thing he needed was Nisa stringing up one of the attendants here.

“I’ll see you at the tavern, my friend.”

Ugh. Maybe he could help him send her far, far away... he was from, what, Switzerland or something?

135 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'1"

The moment he was left alone again, she was by his side and brushed at his jacket where the man had dared to touch him. "Some people have no sense of etiquette. How can he come out to such a place and act like.. like that?" She rose her brow and looked up at her brother and smiled. "Luckily, you didn't get too wrinkled. Picture perfect once again." She beamed and sipped her drink silently. "This is a rather .. exciting party. Is there any one you know here besides that strange man?" It was certain that there might be one or two that might be familiar, but she didn't leave the house often. The world was terribly chaotic so she was just fine staying at home.
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

“Constable Crane,” he answered offhandedly.

He was the only one he recognized there, what with most of the inhabitants being either too high class to be dumping money on a less experienced private eye, or not moneyed enough to throw coin at ‘maybe’s.

“Good man. Tidy.” He had no fucking clue if Constable Crane had ever so much as picked up litter, but it was far from his first white lie. “But truly – the less attention we draw, the better.”

135 Posts
4 Threads

"Oh, yes... the constable." Nisa looked uncertain as she glanced around until she let her eyes fall upon him in the crowd. "Did I ever tell you he came by the house once when you were out working?" She looked briefly at him before giving a small shake of her head.

"He was polite enough to not even ask to come in, just wanted to welcome us to the neighborhood. Though I don't know what sort he is like." Then again what sort is ever good enough? Aristocrats were fine on the outside but always had bad habits, and those below tended to have unforgivable manners and habits.

"Shall we go say hello?"
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Constable Crane. He’d seen him a couple times over this bounty and that theft. Heard his name here and there – or perhaps he had gotten him mixed up with another Constable Crane. Either way, he had presence and authority. Not an ideal victim. Hopefully.

“Fantastic man,” he said idly, then nodded and started toward him.

Perhaps he could marry her off to him, and the fear would finally still her murdering hand...

“Mr. Crane,” he called as he approached. “How are you?”
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah noticed someone approach but didn't realize it was for him until he heard his name. He looked over and smiled large and offered a polite nod. He knew Detective Noç slightly but hadn't spent much time working with him. It didn't matter, he spoke cheerfully.

"Ah, Detective. It is nice to meet you. You look a little tired, I hope your work isn't keeping you too busy. And nice to meet you as well." He said towards Nisa who only gave him a curt nod in return before he heard her mention she was the detective's sister and her name.

"I didn't know you had a sister, Aslan."
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

“Just finished finishing school,” he added over-eagerly. “Nisa, meet Constable Crane. Let me get you two something to drink-”

And before either had a chance to protest, he made his break for the drink table.

Taking a moment to catch his breath and try to string together a plan, he eyed the choices and picked whatever looked the most expensive at a glance. Hopefully she could taste the excess and sate herself on that. He looked for something lighter for Crane.

Somehow … the man with an incredible amount of authority seemed the more endangered of the two.

He made his way back to where he’d left them, a pleasant look plastered on his face and two drinks in hand.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Ah, finishing school? It must have been difficult since there is so much about etiquette I fear I'll never understand or memorize when it comes to places of very high standing. Though you have elegant poise so I'm sure they taught you well."

He would have refused but the man probably mostly wanted to get one for his sister who seemed a bit unhappy. He cleared his throat and tried to speak to her on something though he didn't know where to begin. He wasn't very good speaking to women, and it became harder the harder the class.

135 Posts
4 Threads

She watched her brother leave them be with a little smile, trying to retain the look of a pleasant guest at the party. She listened to the man babble about finishing school having no clue what it was like clearly.

"Ah, you'd be right. It was quite difficult but most ladies who start out young enough can easily excel.." she said softly, playing up whatever he imagined in his head. She glanced over to make sure he was coming and that Alsan hadn't distracted himself. The silence was maddening so she turned back to the current company.

"You are a constable, yes? You must have some exciting stories. What do you think is your most difficult case? But do not get into harrowing detail, I could not handle it." She said quickly, though any true gentleman wouldn't have dared to say such things to a lady. He seemed clueless enough he perhaps would have. She looked to the side again, was her brother taking his time?