Elijah nodded and patiently waited for the man to join him. "Thank you..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben turned to Simon. "You stay in, while I'm gone."
Simon scowled, but said nothing.
"Ye hear me?"
"Yes ser." He muttered and he went in with his siblings without looking at Elijah.
Ben led Elijah out of the yard. "I'm sorry you had to get involved, Elijah," he said, addressing at last the tension he had experienced all night.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah sighed. "I'd rather get involved then things progress without me trying to help keep an eye out.. on things." He said softly. "I worry for ou and everyone in your family.'
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded. "It's gettin' outa hand." It being Simon. Not his way of handling it.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed. "Then something new needs to be tried. If you try to push a door and it won't open then you need to try pulling." He said softly not that he wanted Ben to think he didn't think he wasn't a good dad. But everyone was different and something had to be tried for Simon, it's what he was doing.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben scoffed. "I'm at wits end." He turned to Elijah. He's gonna end in prison soon, and I think I should just let them take 'im."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned and seemed in thought. "Ben, let me take Simon. I can show him what a constable does and the joy in helping people. Maybe it'll help fix him. I will do what I can to help make up the money you lose without him. Please?"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"It aint just money, Elijah. I need hos labour. Will is too young to replace him. I will keep a closer eye on him and make sure he knows his place. There's no room for nonsense. And I won't tolerate it anymore."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked down and simply nodded. "You know best." He felt awful for Simon. This wasn't right and Ben was putting their work and livelihood over the fact it wasn't working on the young man. He knew that money mattered but he was willing to give what he could to help ease it for just a little bit. If something happened to Simon, whether prison or he got hurt, it would put Ben in the same shape but worse, because he'd have lost another son.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I appreciate you tryin' to help, Elijah. But next time, bring him home straight away. You dont know what he's involved in."