Hello, guest!
or Register?

The Shepherd and The Wolf
Administrator

141 Posts
28 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him

Hello, hello.

I tend toward the morbid, but less the hurt/comfort/angst aspects and moreso the absurdity and the chaos of grief. We might share interest in various moral dilemmas re: angst.

I apologize in advance: I’m very selective on the romance front and tend to be far more interested in sinking ships than driving them (though if you enjoy writing exes and all the angst/pining/etc. it can entail for your less promiscuous cast members, hit me up!).

I can also be tempted into writing angst a la rivalries.

On that note: I’d love to throw some repugnant souls Emrys’ way, and some more conflicted and/or gentler ones Enid’s way (… though probably some repugnant ones, too).

For Enid:

Aslan:

Mehmet:

Chris:

Potential Threads Mix Bag
  • Anita, town drunk and sleepwalking kleptomaniac, is the only witness to Enid’s crime … is she even awake? Is she sober enough to realize what just happened? Luckily for Enid, Anita is faceblind.
  • The only people Ropati finds himself less likely to trust than the authorities are white girls alone with him at night. I could see an entire polite yet deeply uncomfortable, tense thread of trying to shake a bored/lonely Enid while waiting late at the docks for a shipment. Alternatively, Ropati has a bad habit of putting his better senses aside if someone seems in crisis/distress …
  • If you want a horny gadfly flying around her, Lory judges people primarily on three traits: their gender, whether they’re friendly (or she thinks they’re friendly) toward her, and whether they’re female/attractive to her (at which point she assumes they must be friendly toward her). Excellent person to have indiscriminately vouch for Enid, if she can endure her indiscriminate (and multi-direction) pining.
  • Want someone who would give her a damned good reason to murder them? Cross Constable Coburn on a bad day and survive the beating of her life.

For Emrys

Potential Threads
  • A lot in common with Aslan; anything to do with their sisters. If Enid is the type to frame her brother, or even accidentally leave a path that could lead to them, I could see their paths intersecting that way. Though Aslan would most likely be friendly to Emrys’ face, he’s got a pretty low opinion of the local churches at the moment. He’s also protective of his proper, hypocritical sister.
  • Roderick might go to his church; it would not take long at all for him to learn him the younger brother of a serial killer. He is vulnerable to recruitment at the moment and he’s also a proper, massive hypocrite.
  • Fanny Cockburn, now Constable Francis Coburn, might have sold herself to him at some point before the recent past if his preference is unaffiliated ladies of the night. She would happily arrest him, albeit impersonally – however, it could lead to an untimely reveal of her double-life.
  • Lory is now at the high end brothel, the Diamond Pony, but she used to do discreet sex work among working and middle class men. She would hate him for his hypocrisy and she has a history of grinding axes with little provocation.
  • He was too old for Chris’ tastes, but it’s possible he might have gone to his father’s church. Chris had standards on the outside, but ultimately few lines he wouldn’t cross with the ‘right’ circumstances.

Messages In This Thread
The Shepherd and The Wolf - by Thiaorin - 06-29-2022, 02:07 AM
RE: The Shepherd and The Wolf - by Somniac - 06-29-2022, 07:35 AM