[Complete] [CW] Never gets any easier [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10inches
Alias: Hutchie

John moved a little closer to pippa to make this a little more believable for passers by, make it look like two people in love. He smiled "im happy to listen to you for hours pippa, I've got all the time in the world for you"

John looked at her "even though the child isn't mine. I wouldn't treat it any differently if it was. That's not fair on you or the child. I'll raise them as I would my own"

John wondered if this would this would become more than what they were talking about. John's interest in her was growing more by the minute. He walked along the road for a few paces away from the harbour before speaking once more. "So what was your up bringing like?"

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

Pippa looked down at their hands for a moment as they walked, then up toward his face. The sadness returned to her eyes when he brought up the past. He needed to know though, needed crucial information about her if this were to work. "Well, I was born in Boston and my father was in the textile industry. I suppose you would call my father a blueblood individual if you'd ever met him in person. He was a kind but stern man. I had a brother too, who was fiercely protective of me since I was the girl." She paused and then looked ahead, wrapping her arm around his and leaning into him. She looked up at him once more, her dark eyes made even darker as the sky was starting to fade into night's darkness.

"My mother was a good woman, very soft spoken, and very proper. I miss them dearly. I can talk about them now without crying. I remember the last time I saw them, their smiles and warmth. It was for my 18th birthday, I left school for a weekend to see them and I still remember the smell of chicken and rosemary, and the big chocolate cake, and the goblets of champaigne because of me being a woman grown. My father gave me this locket that day," she said softly before lifting it and showing it to him, the delicate silver oval.

"I remember my papa letting me feel the wind on my face in our country estate as I rode the dappled gray mare he gave to me when I was a child. I remember the way mama hugged me whenever I had a good cry, and the lovely food that cook made for us, and the smell of wildflowers in the summer. I had a happy childhood."
[Image: Pippa1.png]
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

John smiled. "Sounds like you had a great childhood. I did a little bit of horse riding in the army but never fancied the yeomanry, cavalry , or huzzars. I like being on the ground. I wouldn't have liked to see what the Injuries would have been if I had been on horseback" then the penny dropped "shit sorry I never said. I'm home on leave from the army as I was wounded in India while serving over there. I'm home to recuperate before I return to my new posting......if that still goes ahead."

He sighed "im sorry pippa, I guess we have both got alot of information to give to each other and I don't mind sitting to the small hours telling you every detail. I want you to trust me and feel safe with me. If you are to be my wife....I want to be your protector and make sure no harm comes of you!"

327 Posts
9 Threads

"Perhaps having someone waiting for you at home is reason enough to see if you can get out of the military," she said softly, and then wondered why she cared enough for him not to go back. It wasn't as though she knew him yet... He was practically a stranger to her, though they were relaying stories back and forth as they walked. She then looked over to him and pondered as she examined the shape of his face, still visible to her even as the twilight descended upon them. Perhaps there was just enough light from the rising moon to bathe his face in silvery light, along with the golden light of the lanterns and lamps they may have passed along the way.

Her mouth soon curled up into a winsome smile, she would stand by her statement. She liked him, though she wasn't sure how she felt otherwise about the bold kisses he kept placing on her lips that she only registered after the fact. She said softly, "I would like for you to be around, I've decided. So if you do not end up being assigned somewhere, I think I wouldn't be upset. In fact, I like you. You're easy to talk to." She meant it... It was like she had found someone who she had already known before, seeing as she was not normally a chatty person toward men. "You seem just easy to be around in general."

And then she turned toward him, leaned in and did some kissing of her own, deciding to be bold since he kept doing it. Except it wouldn't be just a peck, it would be soft and feminine and lovely. She did not tongue dart his mouth, but she did gently rub her lips against his, left and right, ever so softly, before settling in and letting her breath out just as her lips parted against his bottom one, she gave a slight suckle and only for a moment before doing the same to his upper lip, her hand lifting to touch his cheek just as she slowly pulled back just before he'd have a chance to respond, the way he kept doing to her. Then she started to turn away, though it was more to see what his reaction would be than anything else, and perhaps even to hide the way she bit into her own bottom lip after her stomach did a little flip of delight in her actions. She decided that yes, she would be just fine with the practice of Osculation with John Blacke, maybe even more.
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

John smiled "I have a feeling I will see the last of my time with the regiment in York. I doubt my injuries will allow me to be posted overseas, I've already been to India as my main posting with visits to Gibraltar, Egypt and someplace else in Africa who's name escapes me!"

John smiled when she kissed him "I wasn't expecting that!. That was a nice surprise"

He continued as they walked "I guess you also have the right to know aswell that while in India I was shot twice, one in the leg, one the arm. There was a third round aswell which missed and took a chunk out of my pith helmet. I was shipped back to Egypt to get treatment before being sent home to recuperate but I'm currently suspended pending investigation because of a article which I suspect may lead to me doing a stretch in military prison" he sighed "I never declared what I had done in the past. I joined the army to get away from everything"

327 Posts
9 Threads

She nodded in understanding as they continued to walk casually together toward food, her hand slipping into his easily this time. Her stomach growled loudly upon the scent of cooking wafted about them as they neared the door to the inn.
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

It wasn't long before the arrived at the Inn. Her hand found his and it was quite reassuring when she touched his hand. "If I was to do a posting abroad. And you were able to come, along with the child. Would you come?"

The smell of the inn was incredible. John had always enjoyed this place for food. Sometimes they would have traditional music playing aswell but that tended to be a Friday night or weekend. John looked Pippa, "do you want to place anything in the room just now so you don't have to carry it about?" He said as he walked through the front door of the inn

327 Posts
9 Threads

"We shall see when that time comes," she murmured, having to ponder about that for a moment as they slipped inside. She was only holding on to her basket of goods from market, she didn't mind setting it on the floor under the table at her feet. Besides, it would be within reach if something soured. She didn't think it would, but she had to keep it in mind.

"It's fine, there isn't much I have to carry and I am famished," she flashed a winning grin. "This was a good idea."

Indeed, the smell was quite the improvement from the warf, which she would have to avoid until after the child was born. The sudden desire for Yorkshire pudding caused her to drool. It'd become one of her favorite meals along with the beef and the gravy it came with. (Pun not intended.)
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

John walked over to a vacant table and pulled out the chair for pippa before he ventured to his side of the table. He sat down in the comfortable chairs that were in the Inn before flicking through the menu. I'd had been so long since he had british food. Sure they had cooks in the army but most of the food had been sourced locally for the regiment. Alot of the food had been local.

He was deep in thought at the menu trying to decide what to have. He rubbed the stubble on his chin that was growing through from not being fresh shaven for the first time in 5 years. He honestly couldn't decide but then made an impulse decision when the waitress turned up. "Can I have the steak pie, with chips, seasonal veg and a pint of ale please"

He placed the menu down and waited for his future wife to order before he continued the conversation.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She ordered the Yorkshire pudding with beef and gravy, she asked for a platter of cheese and bread for them to nibble on while they waited for the hot food. Between that and drinks, the table would soon have some food on it for the time being. As soon as it was there, she didn't hesitate to break a few pieces of bread off and offer some to him while simultaneously popping a piece of cheese into her mouth. The taste of the bread and cheese in tandem seemed to make her give a satisfied expression and she ate it like it was the fanciest thing in the world. She took hold of the clasp to her cloak and pulled the garment off after opening the thing, letting it drop back over the back of the chair.

He would be able to see the black of her garb, but it did little to hide the small baby bump and the fact that the gown was a lil tighter than it should be in the bust area, but that was par for the course when a woman was growing a human being.

"I am hungry," she mumbled after a second bite of bread and cheese. "Thank you for bringing me here."