Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

She was patient as she ate with him. She did not mind that her food had grown cold, she ate when he ate. "Tell me about yer favorite book." she said at one point.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"Favorite book?" Edward says blinking slightly as though the thought had never occurred to him. "I do not know that I have one. I don't typically do a lot of reading simply for the pleasure of it. I enjoy learning but I rarely return to a text unless I need to reference it."

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Oh, I see. So ye wouldn't read a book just ta read..? That is a shame. Ye really ought to read Dante's Inferno..." She reached over and touched his arm without thinking about it, but it was only a brief touch of someone communicating. "I recommend it anyway."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"I mean, I suppose that would depend on how you define just to read it. I just read books to learn what knowledge is within them. I don't always read things directly applicable to what I am studying. I am sure you've noticed I have a habit of being easily distracted." It wasn't as though he was unaware of this fault of his, he just didn't know how one was supposed to fix how their brain chose to work. "Dante's Inferno? Isn't that the one about... something about religion I seem to recall? Never had any particular interest in mythology." He admitted.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Aye, it's about a man on a spiritual journey and ends up bein' led through Hell." She took a bite of her cold food and said, "Ye should consider readin' a book just for the joy of it sometime. Even a Jane Austin novel."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Hrmmm, spiritual journey?" Edward said tapping his chin in consideration. "I am not sure that is strictly speaking my cup of tea." Unlike some in his circumstance, he'd not turned to religion for solace. He'd never been particularly devout in his family's faith and his interest had declined rapidly when his family had died. It did not seem to him that a just God would have allowed his innocent family to burn for his mistakes.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"There are plenty o' other books in this world, sir," she murmured. "If that one is not yer cup o' tea."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"I'm sure there is." Edward said with a slight nod of his head. "I suppose I can read something for pleasure, it wouldn't hurt." He'd never done so before but it felt a bit rude to not at least entertain her suggestion. Even if he was likely to forget that he had said he would do so by the end of the conversation.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Isn't the food delicious today? I think so." She ate a few more bites to remind him that he was eating with her.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Hrmm, yes its quite good today." Edward agreed his attention drawn back to the meal which he starts to peck at. She was starting to learn how to handle him it seemed, she was guiding him quite well to eat and chat, to socialize as he hadn't for quite some time.