By Wit & Whitby
[CW] Behind closed doors - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Pavilion and Fairground (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [CW] Behind closed doors (/showthread.php?tid=857)

Behind closed doors - Colin MacDonald - 07-27-2022

Colin had been working alot the past few weeks and the overtime had been welcome to allow him to save some money. His brothers had written home this week so it was coming to the end of a positive week and he decided to visit the local fair to allow him to unwind and maybe admire the local male talent.

It hadn't been long opened that day when Colin had arrived and had taken his usual game of shooting the targets before continueing around the fair.

He stopped for some food at the food cart which was selling fresh chips done in fat dripping & he found a place to sit and watch the world to by. He began working his way through the chips he had just ordered while drinking a cold drink. The evening was quiet at the fair which was unusual

RE: Behind closed doors - Elijah Crane - 07-27-2022

Elijah had been walking through the fair, managing to get himself to work the fair. It was mostly a skirmish here or there and the occasional pickpocket. He walked around at a casual pace, keeping an eye on things. He liked fairs, but rarely went since it was always funner to go with a friend. He'd gone to one near York once with Wesley and some of his friends and that had been a lot of fun. He looked around at the games he'd have liked to play or rides then he'd move on.

As he continued on, he'd seen a familiar face. The postman was someone seen walking through town to do his job, just as Elijah had to do his. He offered the man a smile and raised his hand in greeting. "Hello, Mr. MacDonald. Beautiful day for the fair, isn't it?"

RE: Behind closed doors - Colin MacDonald - 07-29-2022

Colin was staring into the distance when he heard a familiar voice "ah good evening Constable Crane. Please join me! Ah please call me Colin"

He had always liked Elijah but wasn't sure if he was the same sexuality as him. He had been seen with Ruth and someone else who's name slipped him at the moment but Colin thought he was cute. He wondered if there was a chance for this to develop

He finished his meal and his drink.

RE: Behind closed doors - Elijah Crane - 07-29-2022

Elijah looked around and rubbed his hands together nervously. "Ah, I'm working. " He then shrugged slightly. "But, I could spare some time. " With a smile, the man sat across from him. "And you can call me Elijah, it's only fair. "

He looked around a bit. "Are you having fun here? I haven't been to a fair in a few years. Always find it funner with friends."

RE: Behind closed doors - Colin MacDonald - 08-05-2022

Colin smiled "your sargeant is pritty laid back he won't mind you taking a break" he nodded "nice to sit and speak with you Elijah, its always nice to have company at these kind of things"

Colin tilted his head and spoke "I've not been for years. Last time I was here was before I applied for the navy and got rejected on medical grounds because of my breathing" he teased a little "although I don't think I'd be the type of person to bring a girl here"

RE: Behind closed doors - Elijah Crane - 07-22-2023

He nodded and flashed a small but quick smile. "Ah you are right, he is quite understanding. I suppose relaxing for a bit will be fine. If something arises, I will return to working immediately."

While Elijah had started to let his eyes move to glance around the area, taking in the high energy of the fair, his head turned back to Colin immediately. "Oh? I am so very sorry, it is such a shame. I'm sure you'd have been quite good on the water." He seemed in thought at the comment. "Oh?" He was going to ask why, but didn't know if the other man would not bring a woman because he had trouble meeting women, despite his kind face, or he didn't want to make the fair a romantic adventure.

" That is a shame. I think fairs could be a great place to spend with that special someone. But this is all a guess, I suppose. I.. " His voice withered a bit. "I do not go out in that sort of way. Everything is simply platonic enjoyment". He had made a fool of himself and toyed with his own heart with wrong ideas far too often.

Platonic was the only thing he could trust any more.