By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] I Just Can't Wait to Be King! [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] I Just Can't Wait to Be King! [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=66)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I Just Can't Wait to Be King! [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Edward Seymour - 08-13-2019

Edward wanted to just enjoy the beach. It was a nice sandy nook by the cliffs with plenty of pebbles and broken shells to throw. He was sitting with his legs outstretched as he watched the water. The slow and gentle waves calmed him like nothing in town could. Occasionally he would grab a stone and toss it at a seagull, clearly missing them each time and it would plop into the water. Once in a while, he quickly scooted back to avoid the icy water touching his already cold feet. 

It was one time when he was scrambling back that his foot kicked up some of the sand and rocks that something fell out with it. He noticed the way it reflected the light, like metal. He leaned in a bit to see and noticed it had a sort of brown color but when the light hit it..

He immediately realized it might be a coin. He reached for it, but the water took it. The coin mockingly somersaulted in the water just avoiding his fingertips. "You scummy little.." He grunted and threw his body forward, getting soaked in the wet sand as he managed to snatch up the coin before it was taken into the ocean. He sat up, ignoring the way his body shivered from the cold and now being wet. He tried to look at the piece and dipped his hand in the next oncoming wave to wash it from the gritty sand that had come with it when he tried to rescue it. 

"Is it?" He took it into his teeth and tried to bite it but it was definitely metal. It looked so much like a gold coin. His eyes widened and he grinned getting to his feet. He started to run back to town, clutching it tight to his chest. Oh what could he buy with it!? Maybe a castle!

RE: I Just Can't Wait to Be King! - Abraham Ward - 09-13-2019

Bram was running along the beach barefoot. Rose had just caught him in the market, ditching school, and had threatened him. But although he had promised her to go back, here he was, playing on the beach instead. He was pretending that he was an explorer and had just set foot on the African coast, but he was being chased by lions. He stopped, however, when he saw Edward running in his direction. "Edward!" He shouted. He didn't mind the older boy seeing him out of school. Ed did far naughtier things. "Where are ye goin'?"

RE: I Just Can't Wait to Be King! - Edward Seymour - 09-14-2019

Ed grinned at the smaller boy. He wan't usually that bad like some kids. He wouldn't necessarily rat him out or anything. He stopped when he got in front of him and held out his hand to show his prize. He kept his fingertips around it in a death grip in case the boy tried to take it, but was pleased to show it off.

"I found gold! I'm gonna be rich! Buy me a nice house. No more school or constables or nothing!" He laughed.

RE: I Just Can't Wait to Be King! - Abraham Ward - 09-14-2019

Bram certainly felt the temptation to take it. But Ed was bigger and stronger and Bram was afraid of what he might do. "Where did you find it?" He asked breathlessly.

Edward puffed up his chest and smiled rather proudly. "The beach, just laying on the sand. ..The ocean tried to take it from me, but I grabbed it at the last second! Straight out of the surf! It was the only one." He thrust his empty hand in dramatic pose before he put the coin in his pocket, and kept his hand a fist around it. "Going to go get it turned into real money at the bank."

After that first sentence, Bram was gone. He was running to the waterside, and when he was there, he desperately scanned the waters.

Edward blinked and watched him with a frown. "There ain't more! Mine's the only one!" He huffed and started to walk back towards town.

"Ye don't know that!" Bram shouted back

Edward glared at him and folded his arms. "Fine! I am gonna stand here and laugh cause you won't find anything!"

"I'm.. I'm I'm..." Bram caught his breath. "I'm gonna find more and be richer than you, Ed!" And he turned again to search the water and the sand. There was a crab skeleton, shells, tiny fish, but no coins.