By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] [NSFW] Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] [NSFW] Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Ruth Longbottom - 03-09-2022

She did not like that at all. How was she supposed to blackmail him if he spilled the beans himself? Her eyebrows furrowed together and she followed him. "And break 'er 'eart? Where did you suddenly get a moral compass anyway?"

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Andrew Willaby - 03-17-2022

"It'd break 'er heart more iffin I don't tell her," he countered. "If she finds out from someone that ain't me. I've always had a moral compass, I just..." he raked his hand through his hair, "Slipped. Ye're a lovely woman and I was frustrated, and it ought not to have happened. I am sorry that I involved ye in this at all... Not like ye asked fer me ta do that wit' ye anyways." He looked miserable with his own shitty choice.

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Ruth Longbottom - 03-17-2022

Ugh. Now he was spilling his heart out at her. She preferred it when he was spilling his seed. She didn't need his explanations. The only type of man she hated more than a selfish man was a pathetic man. What good was he to her now? Now she'd have to go fake a pregnancy to milk him.

"No, but since ye've involved me now... I'll have t' flat," she stated blandly.

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Andrew Willaby - 03-23-2022

His brow furrowed, "I see. We'll have ta discuss it later. Go home, Ruth, back to yer bairns ta give em food." He was in a foul mood now. God, why had he been such an idiot.

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Ruth Longbottom - 03-24-2022

[CW: implied reference to marital rape]

If he had hit her, she could not be more offended. So that was how it was, huh? He used her and discarded her as soon as he was through? Admittedly, that was how it normally was. But normally, Ruth found a way to use the man in return and settle the score. She scrunched her nose. "You what? Ye owe me that flat now. And ye'll need me. 'specially if ye tell Rose. She'll never 'ave ye in 'er bed willingly no more! But I won't put up a fight, if ye let me 'ave t' flat." She could see that she would have to compromise in that matter. She hadn't counted on him telling his wife. At least she'd have a bath.

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Andrew Willaby - 03-25-2022

"Ye said you didn't want it, now ye say ye want it. Me point of tellin' ye to go home is so ye have a chance to mull it over, not because I want ye gone. Everythin' is happenin' too fast." He kept calm. "Go home and mull it over affore ye say whether ye want it or not. I need ta talk ta Rose affore I do anythin'." At least he was TRYING to do what was the right thing, even if it risked the rubbish fire that was his marriage.

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Ruth Longbottom - 03-26-2022

Ruth put her tongue against her teeth and breathed out with a "ssssss,". She could tell when a man was lying to her and he was definitely lying. But this wasn't getting her anywhere. He'd come crawling back eventually, if he was stupid enough to talk to Rose. (She hoped he wouldn't.) And she could always try to get pregnant real fast if nothing else worked.

"Fine," she said with a shrug, as if it was all equal to her. "Talk to Rose. Ye'll regret it, and she won't thank ye for it. All men sleep around, but most men have the decency not to ruin their wives' perfect little worlds by telling them."

That didn't describe any man she knew. Both her father and her husband had had no interest in sparing their wives' feelings. But Ruth was so good at bluffing, that thought didn't even occur to her.

She made her way to the door, where she turned. "I'll see you soon."

RE: Bread Always Falls on the Buttered Side - Andrew Willaby - 04-01-2022

He nodded stiffly and followed her to the back door, opening it for her. He said no more other than, "I am sure we'll see each other soon," and that was it...