By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Tea and Scones? [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Tea and Scones? [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tea and Scones? [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Raisa Dmitriev - 08-23-2021

Sitting down at one of the better tables at the best hotel's restaurant, Raisa and her brother had ordered some tea and scones.  One of the local newspapers had said they had a journalist to interview her about the shows and herself.  Kirill was one of the male leads but did not draw the attention that Raisa brought.  He didn't mind, as it was a joy to see his sister dance, she was quite amazing.

Raisa wore a light antique pastel rose-toned walking dress.  She was so petite, she might be blown away even not in her dancing outfits.  Her dark brown hair was up in a loose bun over a matching small flowery hat that suit her well.  Lace gloves over her hands were of a cream color.  She and her brother spoke in Russian as they waited for the gentleman to arrive.  They were both well educated in various languages, but were used to speaking to each other in their orginal language.

RE: Tea and Scones? - Gareth Scott - 08-23-2021

Gareth absolutely wasn't in the right mental space for this. He was hooked on Carrington juice and that was what he wanted to devote his time and energy to, but his boss had told him to interview the ballet dancer who had come to town with her company and was a bit of a sensation. Gareth didn't need the money anymore, but he didn't want to lose his job. He liked writing for the newspaper.

And so here he was, dressed in a fine suit with a red silk waistcoat, and neatly groomed. He was meeting a celebrity after all. "Miss Dmitriev, and Mr. Dmitriev, I assume?" He extended his hand first to the lady, and then to the gentleman. She was a real beauty, but her brother wasn't bad to look at either.

RE: Tea and Scones? - Raisa Dmitriev - 08-23-2021

"Yes.  And you are from the newpaper?"  Raisa smiled extending her lace-covered hand over graciously giving a firm shake.  Her brother stood up and gave his hand as well.  His hand was more firm and strong than his sister's of course.  "Please join us."  She also waved over a waiter as her brother sat back down. 

"Please have tea and a scone with us.  They are quite lovely."  Her voice was cultured and pleasant to most.  She spoke with a good understanding of English, though had a definite Russian accent.  She had been made to practice each language she learned as a child until they were clearly understandable.

"I am. Gareth Scott. A pleasure to meet you."

He admired Mr. Dmitriev's strong hand only shortly before letting go and sitting down.

"Thank you." He filled up Miss Dmitriev's cup and then helped himself. Then he took his pencil and notebook. "Now Miss Dmitriev, I'll just ask some questions, but feel free to add topics that weren't mentioned that you feel are important to you. Will that do? Perhaps you could begin by saying something about what its like growing up in a performing family."

Kirill kept an eye on the other man but stayed silent for the moment.  He was there to keep things proper for his sister, but he also made friends of his own.  Raisa smiled at the instructions from Gareth.  "Of course."  She then thought about the question a moment.  It was a common query, but she liked to get it straight in her mind before answering.

"We are very close to each other."  She looked to the brother beside her getting an agreeing smile from him.  Looking back to Gareth, she continued.  "Mama and Papa are strong on education and on helping each other.  We had tutors that came in for each subject.  We are close in age, so we studied at about the same level all in the same room.  Mama and Papa worked with other dancers while we were studying.  When we were small, Mama and Papa set aside a regular time to teach us in the dance.  When we got older, we had time set up with other dancers and into the company itself as we showed we are worthy.  We always had a main meal at lunchtime together.  During the evenings scheduling was harder and each of us had our different thing to go to, be it a show, or a practice.  Being part of the same company helped, and having Mama and Papa the managers/teachers we had to be on time and do our practicing on our own as well.  Very strict."

Did the brother just stare back at him? Oh shit, focus! By the time Gareth began to scribble down notes, she had already been talking for a bit, and Gareth found himself distracted anyway. "Right," he said as if he had actually gotten all of that. "Erm... And..." He was trying to buy time, looking over notes he didn't understand. "And how was your relationship with your siblings?"

Giving her brother a smile, Raisa answered.  "We are like most siblings I think.  There are times when we argue and fight, but we love each other.  Trust each other.  Trust is important to be tossed up in the air with only the brother below you keeping you from falling."  She continued.  "We share ideas for choreography and share with each other the things in our lives.  Romances, hurts, insults, and dreams.  But also allow time alone now that older.  Each has their own lives, though still very close."

Gareth nodded and made some notes. "And have you always wanted to be a dancer?"

This made her brother laugh.  "She was dancing before she could walk.  And did not stop since."

Raiser smiled at that comment from her brother.  "Oh yes, though for each of us is a time to stop and look at what the body is no longer going to be able to do.  I am still strong and healthy, but it is time to retire while I am still strong.  I have also watched my parents as they taught young dancers.  It is a good thing to move into now.  This will in fact be my last tour and last season on the stage."

Gareth had resolved to keep his eyes off the handsome brother, but he failed when the man spoke. He gave him a little smile and then looked back at the sister. "And are you happy ending your performing career at this point?"