By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Look to the Sea [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Look to the Sea [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=492)

Pages: 1 2 3

Look to the Sea [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Pearl Blacke - 07-23-2021

Pearl had not been able to sleep since her brother's demise, suffering the worst of nightmares when she even attempted to do so. The poor girl had been awake for three days. She stood on the stretch of beach that was on Carrington property, a place she hadn't been in a long time. Her eyes looked faraway as she sat on a rock, so many what ifs running through her thoughts. Her mouth pulled downward in her contemplation, the wind blowing at her and lifting her hair some.

She thought about Joe then. She wouldn't be able to blame him if he wanted to run very far away from her family. So she had sent a message to him, imploring him to come find her. Included was a detailed map on how to get there from the house, so he would be able to find her easily enough...

RE: Look to the Sea - Joseph Blacke - 07-23-2021

Joe had received Pearl's message and wasted no time in rushing to see her. For the last three days,
he had been distracted by recent events. Joe's gaze had been distant, his stomach often roiling,
the burning sensation unpleasant. Lottie, his mother, had noticed Joe's plate had been largely
untouched at tea time, and pressed him on it. Joe was forced to blur the truth on the spot, saying
he was worried about his job search.

The act of illicit late night meeting was actually quite exciting, and Joe had diligently followed her directions,
arriving at the tiny beach, he saw a solitary silhouette hunched upon a rock. He wanted to run toward it,
but the uneven ground made progress difficult.

RE: Look to the Sea - Pearl Blacke - 07-24-2021

At the sound of his arrival, she turned her gaze toward him. She stood and moved in his direction until the space between them was closed. Her mouth met his and her arms went around him. "Joseph..." she choked out and lay her head on his shoulder. She was so very tired and he brought her comfort immediately... Her mouth met his again and she sighed, glad that he had come to her in the moonlight.

Her fingers brushed over his cheek and she murmured, "Hi..."

RE: Look to the Sea - Joseph Blacke - 07-24-2021

For Joe, to hold Pearl in his arms was one of his greatest joys and he was glad of it here on this dark night. Fatigue, stress, and worry about Pearl had dulled his passions, so he settled for embracing her between her soft stolen kisses.

"How are ye?" he asked softly savouring the touch of her fingers on his face.

RE: Look to the Sea - Pearl Blacke - 07-25-2021

"I am not well," she murmured, "But who could be after all that has happened." She gave a paused and pressed her head to his shoulder. Her sigh was soft before she went on with, "I've missed you." Her mouth sought his again and this time she let him feel her need. Her eyes closed and she ended the kiss by leaning her forehead on his. "I am so tired. I haven't slept for the many nightmares I have been having since m... since he died." She couldn't say her brother's name.

RE: Look to the Sea - Joseph Blacke - 07-25-2021

"I've missed you too" Joe replied softly. His mouth eagerly accepted Pearl's, and he gently tightened his embrace of her. He couldn't stop her from feeling her feelings, but he could be there to support her needs physically.

"It'll be alright. It'll be alright." Joe whispered twice, perhaps to reassure not only her, but himself against the future.

RE: Look to the Sea - Pearl Blacke - 07-25-2021

She led him to the rock where she had been sitting, a blanket laid out across it. She backed up against it whilst pressing her lips to his. Pearl was aware of him as a woman was a man at the moment, which disconcerted her to a degree. The young miss wasn't prepared for the deep feeling she got where she desired more than just kisses... But it wasn't proper of her to have invited him to the beach at all.

RE: Look to the Sea - Joseph Blacke - 07-25-2021

Joe allowed himself to be led like a lamb, but Pearl's kisses made him feel more like a wolf, his feelings for her becoming stronger. Here on this beach? He broke her embrace,

"We shouldn't do this. We can't do this, my love. There's scandal aplenty around us. Ye mean the world ta me, I don't want to harm ye honour."

RE: Look to the Sea - Pearl Blacke - 07-26-2021

She looked dazed, and then crestfallen as he rejected her so kindly. Heat stained her cheeks and she looked away. What had she been doing? Making a fool out of herself, that's what.

Tears stung her eyes and she looked away.

"I should go..." she said flatly, her breathing shallow. It was clear that she wasn't alright though, her eyes looked hollow when she did look at him.

RE: Look to the Sea - Joseph Blacke - 07-26-2021

Joe was confused, she had asked to see him.

"What's wrong Pearl? Ye sent word fer me? What do ye want?"