By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [NSFW] Two of Hearts [The British Isles] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [NSFW] Two of Hearts [The British Isles] (/showthread.php?tid=490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 03-05-2022

"What are we going to do about a witness?" she asked him softly when they had a moment to speak. There was a concerned look in her eyes as she did so.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 03-06-2022

"That is an excellent question." Charles said stroking his chin in consideration. "I can't think of a better place than a public house to try and make a friend that will sign as witness in less than an hour. Unless you have an alternative suggestion?"

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 03-07-2022

"Perhaps we can demonstrate some of our magic together... A coin trick would do well. We could put on a show and maybe invite everyone to witness! How about that?" She grinned.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 03-10-2022

"That," Charles said as he looked her way with a grin. "Is quite an excellent idea." He turned back into the church to inform the old priest they would need slightly more than an hour and agreed upon a new time. From there they returned to their cart and headed into the town square where he set up his stage before he started barking to the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, come on, come all. Today you have the very great fortune to have a chance to see the mystical and illusionary talents of The Amazing Caliban and his beautiful assistant Penelope for absolutely free! Though tips are always appreciated."

This is said to a group of older women whom he winks at which sends them into a tizzy.

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 03-17-2022

She grinned when he agreed to do the impromptu show and she moved to stand beside him after they set up for it. She gave a winning smile to the crowd and had the men abuzz. She gave a curtsy when he introduced her and got into place for the first trick to be performed. Excitement churned in her belly as the crowd gathered around.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 03-19-2022

Once the crowd was large enough that he wouldn't actually be able to see any newcomers in the back, Charles got started. For the small town, it was utterly mesmerizing, they were simple tricks but even simple ones astounded when they were never seen before. A rabbit pulled from a hat, a card picked and then shuffled only to be plucked seemingly at random from the deck a moment later, Penelope herself being sawn in half and a few other tricks. All delivered with a steady personable pattern that kept the crowd enthralled when needed, in stitches when convenient, and always entertained. This was the first time Penelope had seen her soon-to-be husband perform and it was clear that he veritably lived for the stage.

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 03-23-2022

She also lived for the stage, and put her acting skills to the test. She was wonderful and did it as practiced, this time without mistakes. It seemed having the crowd around them not only boosted her mood, but it made her feel closer to him. Her eyes met his at one point and she gave a smile that not even the crowd could deny was meant for him. She was obviously smitten with him and they made such a handsome pair as to get comments bandied about.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 03-26-2022

By the end of the act Charles was beaming at the crowd who had gone so far as to toss coins at their feet in appreciation.

"People your patronage is appreciated. But if you truly wish to lend us a hand, my dear Penelope and I are looking to get wed and we could rather use some witnesses for the occasion."

This went over wonderfully with the crowd, many of whom had caught the looks the two love birds had shared during the show. So it was that they returned to that little church just over an hour later with nearly twenty townsfolk who were actually planning a follow-up party for the young pair at the local pub to follow the wedding.

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 04-01-2022

Penny was ecstatic as they stood at the altar again, this time to get married. Her excitement was palpable, some of the crowd could feel it. She gazed at the groom with love in her eyes as the priest began to speak the words that would begin the wedding. "Dearly beloved..." she smiled softly and her nose even wrinkled a little in her joy and excitement.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 04-02-2022

The priest went through a standard wedding ceremony before asking them to give their vows. Something they had not actually discussed. Thankfully, Charles had give the matter some thought beforehand and there really only one thing to say.

"Penelope, you made me believe in love at first sight. Maybe it's crazy to say so but from the moment you came in to interview for that position, I knew that I needed you in my life. Not as an employee, as a partner, as my wife. I vow to hold you, love you, cherish, and respect you as your husband until death do us part."