By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [NSFW] Two of Hearts [The British Isles] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [NSFW] Two of Hearts [The British Isles] (/showthread.php?tid=490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Two of Hearts [The British Isles] - Penelope Mercer - 07-23-2021

She couldn't believe it... they were on the cart and on their way to Gretna Green to get married. It was like a dream she had yet to wake up from... Ahh, but she couldn't keep her eyes off of her lover, with his chiseled face and strong body. Mmm, even her mother wouldn't fault her for falling in love at first sight with a man as fine as he. Charles "Caliban" Mercer was about to make her his wife and she was quite agreeable with that notion. Her family might end up hating her choice but she didn't care, she wanted him and she was getting him. That was that.

Her head moved to rest on his shoulder at some point after they had stopped to eat. Her arm hugged the corresponding arm to her as she napped a little bit, clearly tired from the night before but not complaining at all. Her sighs were in content. "I cannot believe I shall be Mrs. Mercer soon," she said softly and drowsily.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 07-23-2021

The road to Scotland was long but the shocks in his cart were sturdy and the seats were newly cushioned. He was a young up and comer and he'd purchased the cart brand new and customized it himself to serve as his travelling stage and home. The later becoming far more literal as he settled in with his new fiance. What had once been simply a place to lay his head inexpensively was becoming far cozier with the two of them living inside against all odds.

"Only a few more hours until we are in town and then we can be wed in the morning."

The big man says with a grin, he was driving the horses but he had one arm wrapped around her waist so she could snuggle in tight.

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 07-23-2021

She snuggled against him, then gave a happy sigh and murmured, "Last night was amazing. I know it is not realistic to think every night will be thus, but I can dream." She grinned as she rested her head on his shoulder. There was a warm blanket across her lap as it was starting to get chilly out. Another sigh later and she was resting her eyes for a time. She wasn't asleep, she was just contemplating for a while. Perhaps the pair of them would go on and do great things. She was a good actress, or so she'd like to think at the time.

"Do you think we'll be happy?" she asked softly, "I think so..."

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 07-24-2021

There was little fear of them going on to do great things. After all, this was the age where a travelling Stage magician could become famous the world over. Just look at Harry Houdini out in the states, he'd started in 1891 and had recently just started making it big on vaudeville.

"I think that we will be very happy Penny."

Charles says pressing his lips to the top of her head.

"After all, just look at us."

He teases with a grin.

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 07-24-2021

"Yes, I am marrying a beautiful man," she purred, almost ready to crawl into his lap but knowing that would slow him down. She pressed a kiss to his lips though and then lay her head back down. "And I like cuddling into you," she said drowsily. "You're comfortable," she teased.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 07-25-2021

"Keep that up and I might have to pull us over for the day."

Charles says with a light chuckle after she pulls away from the kiss. They'd been on their way to the Green for nearly a week now. They were likely about to reach their destination today but only if they could keep their hands to themselves... Which had been a bit of a trick during the trek to Scotland

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 07-26-2021

"Is that a promise?" she asked with a yawn. Her chuckle was soft in his ear before she nuzzled her face against his neck and kissed the flesh there. "I am alright with that." Even though they were almost there, she thought with a grin. It wasn't a bad prospect in her mind to stop for the night. They would be married soon enough.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 07-26-2021

"Well, who am I to deny my future bride?" Caliban says with a chuckle, though honestly, she sounded just about ready to drift off. Still, if that was the case then why not stop for the evening. They'd likely stay in the wagon no matter what so may as well halt for the evening to be well-rested for tomorrow's wedding. Finding a good spot to pull off to the side of the road he makes their camp for the evening as he sets up the wagon to be stable enough to serve as a living space.

RE: Two of Hearts - Penelope Mercer - 07-26-2021

Indeed, she looked ready to fall over any moment as she moved to the ground and watched him work. She yawned behind her hand by the time he got things set up. From there, she went into the wagon and waited until he was in to begin disrobing to her shift, carefully folding her clothing so as not to wrinkle. She crawled into bed after that and smiled his way sleepily.

RE: Two of Hearts - Charles "Caliban" Mercer - 07-26-2021

"My, dear sweet Penny. What has gotten into you today? Or perhaps out of you, you seem to be entirely fatigued. We haven't even had dinner and you are ready for bed." Charles notes as he enters the wagon only to find her laying on the bed, which was only just big enough for the two of them. Though still nicer to sleep on than the cot he'd initially promised her.