By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] And What Do You Think You're Doing? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] And What Do You Think You're Doing? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=484)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - Jack - 08-25-2021

"Alriiight," said the boy, and he shrugged in the dark. "See for yourself, if you want to get beaten up, but I'd run away as fast as possible. Anyway, it's late. Good night."

The boy lay down in his makeshift bed an pulled the blanket over himself.

There were no blankets anywhere else.

RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - Nat Walker - 08-25-2021

Nat had not thought about the fact that the boy would be there too.  She should have.  That made it a bit difficult.  She unpacked the two blankets that were tied on the bottom of her backpack.  Spreading them down across her area of the hay, she then pulled off her jacket and laid it aside over the top of her pack.  The scarf around her neck she laid on top of that. 

She decided to stay in the big shirt button up and tshirt under it along with her pants.  She needed a shit, though.  "Where's the privy?"  She asked over to Jimmy.

RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - Jack - 08-25-2021

Jimmy suddenly began to snore.

A lot of help the boy was.  She was getting the idea that he would not be much help, for her anyway.  It would take time to break his edges.  She got up and headed down to the floor level and looked around outside for at least an outhouse.  It was dark, but the night sky was allowing her to see enough.  She ended up going to the back of the barn, where it seemed less used area of the building anyway, and looking around, she lowered her pants and adjusted the device she had made up with the funnel and a rubber tube that she had found off an old baby bottle and wrapped up in socks to give it what seemed to be the right size for what she had seen around boys peeing on the street.   She leaned one hand on the wall, as she had practiced like boys did, and held the device to pee.

RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - Tobias Appleton - 08-25-2021

And who should come round the corner but Tobias, holding a lantern. He wrinkled his nose. "Stop that at once! Have you no manners at all, child? Never heard of a privy?"

Nat looked up with wide eyes.  Quickly grabbing up her pants and belting them.  "I didn't know where it was and I wasn't sure if I was to be going into the house at night."  She explained.  "I had to go.  Haven't since left Whitby, Sir."

"Aye, well your first chore in the morning will be to rinse that spot and put sand there. That's disgusting. This way," and he led her away.

Nat nodded.  She had cleaned much worse spots.  She followed him.  "Do I go to the kitchen first things in the morning for breakfast, or other than that chore, are there others I should do before I eat?"  She asked walking behind him.

"Ye feed the animals and then go to breakfast. Jimmy goes to school after that and you'll go with 'im. Why didn't you ask him where the privy was? Here it is." He pointed at the small wooden shed.

She nodded.  Hopefully, the boy was more helpful when it came to showing where things were for the feeding the next morning.  School, she would deal with it.  After all, to be honest, she was getting paid for studying.  Could be a lot worse. 

At the question, she shrugged.  "He was asleep, didn't seem he heard me when I asked him." She was honest.  She covered for him on the door, but the kid was on his own from then on.