By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-07-2021

"Oi, if only he would eat... He's probably forgotten about his food by now." She finished her food and grabbed her bowl to clean for herself automatically. Then she put the baby back in the wrap that bound him to her. "I will give it another go, he really should eat."

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-07-2021

"Aye, he should good luck." Eleanor says as Ruth exits the kitchen. She'd be able to find her own way back to the study where she would find Edward had, evidently, passed out in the chair he'd settled down in.

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-13-2021

She made sure to grab the food before she left and when she found him passed out, she set the food down on the table and approached him. She gently lay a hand on his shoulder, "It's time ye ate somethin', sir." She waited for him to give her his attention before speaking again. She'd only repeat herself anyway.

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-14-2021

Edward wakes up after a moment yawning and blinking as he looks to Ruth his expression confused. "Oh." He says slowly. "Sorry, I must have fallen asleep. How silly of me when there is still work to be done." He pushes to his feet intent on getting back to shelving the books.

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-16-2021

"First you must eat, sir," she said, insistent. She gestured to the warmed-up fare she had just set on the table, both plates of food. "I had it warmed up while ye slept. There will be time ta shelf books when ye've had more than a bite to eat. I promise ye that, sir."

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-17-2021

"But I just ate didn't I?" As if to prove himself wrong it was that moment that his stomach decides to let out an audible growl. He blinks in surprise and then shrugs. "Perhaps not, very well." He says as he begins to pick at the plate, slowly eating its contents. Ruth would have to watch him like a hawk if she wanted him to eat the whole thing though. If she turned away her attention for even a moment he'd likely get distracted.

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-17-2021

She did watch him, too. Oh, she kept her eyes on him the whole time, afraid to even blink. She didn't even look down at her son when he made a little bit of fuss because he was fighting sleep, but a few rocks and a backrub made him quiet. She didn't particularly like watching him eat, for the expression on his face was... well... like he wasn't there? Or was that her imagination? Either way, the man was wasting away without even thinking about it much... And if he did, she wondered if he truly wanted to die or if he simply stopped caring at all whether he lived or died. Such deep thoughts he was making her have, she almost let herself stare off but caught herself.

Even with her eyes on him the man kept putting his fork down and reaching for the books. A polite cough from her or a reminder he was supposed to finish his dinner was enough to get him back to eating but it still took longer than it should have. He seemed to take no pleasure in eating the lavish meal, though he did remark on its quality at some point. But even that seemed to be more him acknowledging a fact rather than true appreciation. Still, with her watchful eyes, the plat of food was fully consumed.

"Hrmmm." He murmurs softly rubbing at his stomach. "I feel a bit... off." He had managed to stay awake as long as he had, in part, because of his body screaming his neglect at him. With its desire for food satisfied it was trying to knock him out now. Which he ignored as he moves to go back to shelving books, moving sluggishly.

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-17-2021

"Yer books can wait a little longer. Why don't ye rest yer eyes for a bit longer? Ye seem tired, sir." She gestured toward his couch with a concerned expression on her face. She picked up the empty plate and said, "I will come by again soon and we can finish shelving the books, alright?" When she was sure he was going to sit, she left him then and took the empty plate with her. She wanted to cry for Edward.

Gesturing wouldn't be enough but if she gently leads him to the couch, he'd be far too weak to resist. Though he would protest verbally even though he passed out almost the instant he was horizontal. He could ignore his body all he wanted but eventually, basic human needs would win out.