By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-26-2021

"Aye, said I wasn't the type of person he'd hire," she paused and then went on, "I was surprised he accepted me bairn with me. I'd hate ta have me ma and da raise me son when they have other mouths to feed. Tis for the best I got this job." She nodded. "I've never been a maid, no, but cleanin' is nothin' new to me." She nodded. She shifted the kid into her other arm, for the one was tired. "He said I needed a proper uniform too."

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-27-2021

"Considering that since you left, Master Edward has only eaten five meals total." Eleanor says. "I think he was just trying ta intimidate you a bit. If you can get him to eat even one extra meal a day, then you will deserve your place here."

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-27-2021

"I will do what I can," said the young woman with a hopeful smile. It seemed that she was going to have her work cut out for her if she was going to get the man to eat more than one meal in a day. She didn't even know why she cared so much, but she did and Edward Blackwood would not die on her watch.

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-27-2021

"Well, I think your help will be most welcome. Betsy and I can get him to do it but it takes too much time and we have other things to do. With a third hand, at least one of us can manage to be there at all times." Eleanor says patting her on the shoulder.

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-28-2021

She nodded and said, "Anything I can do to help." With that, she sighed and adjusted her hold on the baby. "I am goin' to accept the offer ta live here, the drive here is not so short. I can visit me ma and da on me days off with Jacob. I am sure they'll be happy ta know I have a place ta go that's not too far from home."

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-28-2021

"Oh aye, not like we don't have space," Eleanor says with a nod of her head. "And I am sure that Betsy will enjoy having ye around, always nice ta have someone close ta yer own age to work with now ain't it?" The old woman says with a cheery smile. "Let's go see if we can find you a room. And I'll ask the groundskeeper iffin he can't get his hand on a cradle for the wee one."

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-28-2021

"I hope so. I like Betsy," she smiled, "She is lovely ta work with." And then when Eleanor brought up finding her a room and a cradle for Jacob, she teared up a little. So far she had been sleeping in her bed with the baby next to her, so a cradle was a nice thought. "Oh, thank ye," said Ruth.

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-28-2021

"Think nothing of it. I imagine iffin he can't find one cheap he could build it." Eleanor says with a nod of her head. "As fer getting ye a room, have you given your employment letter ta Mister Lane? And how soon do ya need the room ta be ready fer ya?"

RE: Gratitude - Ruth Blacke - 03-29-2021

"Oh, I had forgotten in my haste to find ye," she said with a blush. "I will do that straight away, mum," she went on to say. And then to answer the last question, she said, "Oi, whenever is convenient." The sooner, the better, she thought inwardly, not uttering that statement out loud... "I am sure me ma and da won't mind me stayin' at their house still for whatever time is needed. Me ma seems ta be taken by Jacob."

RE: Gratitude - Edward Blackwood - 03-29-2021

"Well, I'm sure we can have a room ready for ye tonight. Just not the cradle, iffin ye need a ride back to collect yer things we can do that as well. I'll also need to get you fitted for a uniform." She says nodding, both herself and Betsy wore the very traditional British maid outfit that was best described as a bit frumpty but practical to work in.