By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Peace and I are strangers grown [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Peace and I are strangers grown [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=404)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Peace and I are strangers grown - Lottie Townsend - 02-06-2021

Lottie laughed. It was funny to see this girl so flustered and trying to backtrack. "Well, then you should've said that!" She said. As the girl turned to leave, Lottie tilted her head and frowned. "You need to make up your mind." Did she want to know what she was doing, or why she was doing it, or did she want to leave? Very confusing.

RE: Peace and I are strangers grown - Anne Ward - 02-06-2021

Anne turned to respond. Not a good idea while walking and carrying something heavy. She turned too far to the right without noticing. Her foot came down half on the side of the wharf, half over it, she lost her balance, and with a loud splash, she fell into the icy water. At least her head missed the coble boat. She disappeared for a few seconds, and then resurfaced, gasping.

Lottie flinched. Oh no. She did not want to be held responsible for this. She almost tripped over her skirts as she rushed over, and extended her arms so that the girl could hold on and she could pull her up. Last thing she wanted was to be the one receiving consequences if this girl just so happened to drown or freeze.

Anne seemed unable to stop gasping. Though winter was nearing its end, the water was still freezing cold, shocking her entire system. For a moment, she felt disoriented and unsure even of what to do, other than tread water. But then she saw the outstretched arms and took hold of them, trying to find a footing on the side of the wharf. Pulling her out of the water was probably not easy for Lottie. Anne was heavier than her sisters, and woolen and cotton garments were saturated.

When she was finally back on the wharf, she still gasped and burst into tears out of sheer misery.

Lottie considered herself fairly strong, but pulling up an entire person was not easy for her. Regardless, she managed, most likely thanks to some kind of divine intervention. Once they were both on steady ground, Lottie, unsure of how to proceed, was about to ask whether the girl was okay, only to be interrupted by her bursting into tears. Oh, no. The urge to flee was very strong. "Come on, you're okay now. Y'shouldn't be crying."

Anne did her best to stop crying, and she managed, though her breathing was still shaky. She had been feeling cold for weeks, but she was certain she had never been colder than this. Her teeth chattered. "Oh... ... thank you...." she said, only remembering her manners now. Then she gasped once again and looked at the water beside her. Her father had removed the buoys before leaving the nets to dry. And now the nets had sunk to the bottom of the harbour. She burst into tears again.

Lottie was starting to gradually run out of sympathy. This whole thing was getting a bit annoying. Why was she crying so damn much? "Alright, you can stop crying now," she suggested. Probably easier said than done, but, oh well.

She sniffed. "I lost the nets!" she cried. It came out through clattering teeth. She should probably go home to dry up, or she would lose her life as well. But hey, priorities.

Lottie really did not understand why she'd be crying over that. Crying over almost losing her life? Understandable and rational. Crying over losing some inanimate objects? Quite the opposite. "If you miss them so much I can throw you back in and you can go get them," she frowned.

That shook her out of it. Anne stopped crying, though her lip still quivered. She dried her face - or well, she tried to, but her sleeve was wet. "Oh what do you know of it?!" she snapped. She stood up and began to walk away in the direction of her home.