By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] This Town Isn't What It Used to Be [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] This Town Isn't What It Used to Be [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: This Town Isn't What It Used to Be - Tobias Appleton - 12-15-2020

"Two day's menus," said Tobias, thinking that Anthony was simply modest. He took the cloth, dipped in the water and cleaned the blood left on his face.

RE: This Town Isn't What It Used to Be - Anthony Rowe - 12-15-2020

Anthony closed his eyes and sighed. Then, after a few seconds of standing there and getting irrationally annoyed over that, he sat down at the table as well. "Sure," he said, mostly to himself. He put his hands under his chin and just stared forward for a bit. Eventually, after a few moments, he looked at Tobias for a bit and asked "everything alright?" for the eleventh time.

Tobias laughed a little, but it made him cough. "Are you gonna keep asking that?" he said. "I'll be alright. I already feel better. It will heal. Bothers me more that I was robbed..." He took his whiskey, drank a large gulp and made a face.

Anthony just nodded 'yes'. "Well, that's good. That you feel better, I mean. Not that you were robbed. That is...not good, I think." He looked at Tobias as he drank, and was almost about to ask the damn question again before he realized and stopped himself.

Tobias looked at him. "Are you alright? I guess I was heavy for ye...." Oh damn. That made it sound like he thought the man was weak.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit tired," Anthony said. He chose not to comment on the latter remark, because he couldn't figure out a way to do so without sounding rude or just incredibly awkward.

Tobias nodded and downed the rest of his whiskey. It burned his throat, but he knew it would ease the pain - and hopefully make him forget the horrifying memory. He wondered if he should offer the other man a drink again, but he did not want to push it. Last times the man had seemed to like drink rather too much, and Tobias didn't want to encourage drunkenness. He stayed quiet. Because things couldn't get more awkward.

"Yeah..." Anthony had kind of been expecting Tobias to keep the conversation going, but that's not happening, it seems. He nodded as well for a brief moment, and then went back to his favorite pasttime of staring at the wall, waiting for the barmaid to return, or for anything to happen.

Alas, Tobias had never been good at conversation unless with someone he shared interests with. He moved the basin to the side of the table, and stared ahead awkwardly. Then he began to search his pockets, hoping to somehow find his father's pocket watch. He knew better, and of course he didn't find it.

Anthony waited for a little bit longer, but no, nothing happened. Normally, he would've already excused himself and left by now, but since right now he was waiting for his food that wasn't an option. "So..." Anthony started off again. "yeah." His social skills were shining.