By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] God, I Hate... Whitby [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] God, I Hate... Whitby [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=328)

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Noah Longbottom - 07-02-2020

Antony was still ignored. The comments were becoming so pathetic now, even Noah knew it wasn't worth responding to.

Noah knew Elijah wasn't bad. It had been worse before he came to town. Elijah had never been harsh on any of the street kids, and had never bullied his family the way previous constables had. But he was a constable all the same, and that meant he couldn't be trusted. He pulled his legs up. "I'll fix things like me da', and I'll be just fine. As will James." Because his dad's business was running great.

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Anthony Rowe - 07-02-2020

What does he have to do to get even a sliver of attention? He wasn't even listening to the conversation anymore, he was simply sitting in his corner and brooding over how noone is paying any attention to him. Eventually Anthony just got way too desperate, stood up and walked to the bed, and sat down right next to Noah. If he gets beat up for this, that's fine. That means that they care enough about him to take the effort to do that. That's good.

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Elijah Crane - 07-02-2020

Elijah sighed. "But your father, like many in town, struggle. I dont want you to have to struggle so as well. I think there is nothing wrong with asking for help. I had to depend on others when I was a child. I wouldn't have become constable if I'd been left to my own..." he noticed anthony but struggled to pretend he didn't exist.

"Fuck off!" Noah snapped at Anthony. He turned back to Elijah. "So what, we struggle? At least we're our own and we're a family. We're just fine, and James don't need help from others!"

"No," Anthony said, and kept sitting there next to Noah. He tried very hard to pretend that he wasn't listening to their conversation, but he actually kind of was now. And it was entering very uncomfortable territories for him. "'depending on others' is bullshit. Just don't do that." But he still had to give his opinion, because of course he had to.

Elijah folded his arms as he nodded. "Oh yes, how proud and happy you must be..." he spoke sarcastically, getting tired of their attitude. "Is that why you all drink and fight among yourselves if you aren't flat out avoiding each other?"

"Fuck off with yer judgement! What do you know?" Noah snapped at Elijah. "Just leave me brother alone!"

Anthony was confused. Was Elijah trying to help Noah and his family, or was he really just waiting to be able to pull this shit on them? "Noone would miss you if you died, Elijah." Though he was probably just looking for things to get mad about, Elijah's statement really did also feel like a subtle jab at him. So he responded in kind.

"You and your family are stubborn. Lots of families struggle, it doesn't mean you're begging in the streets or anything. I dont know why you find it more dignified to die on the street than to accept a hand. Your brother came to me to ask about it since it had been mentioned, and I fed him. I didn't change him into someone else and I didn't and anything from him. Sometimes when someone is blessed with an easier life they just want to lighten the burden on their fellow man. Why must you always be so suspicious?"

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Noah Longbottom - 07-03-2020

Noah looked at Anthony. He wasn't sure if he liked Crane. He had certainly been taught to dislike him. But those words were disgusting. "You're pathetic." He looked back at Elijah. "It ain't about help. He doesn't need to go and get adopted!"