By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] God, I Hate... Whitby [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] God, I Hate... Whitby [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=328)

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Elijah Crane - 06-29-2020

Elijah came in with a couple of papers. He noticed Wesley wasn't there, so he took a spot at the desk to start writing things down, not looking at the two.

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Noah Longbottom - 06-29-2020

Noah walked over to the bars when he saw Elijah and held on to them "Are ye goin' to release me now?"

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Anthony Rowe - 06-29-2020

Anthony sighed even more when he raised his head again and saw him return. The urge to say something was strong, but Noah beat him to it. Oh well. He can wait until they've had their little conversation done and over with before saying what he wanted to say.

Elijah smiled. "I just got these. Just need to fill it out and you can be let go. You've been held far long enough for this."

He started to write, but paused at seeing something on the desk. "What's this?"

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Noah Longbottom - 06-29-2020

Noah was both relieved and tense. If Elijah was letting him out, he'd run and that bastard would never find him. But he breathed in sharply when something distracted the constable. "Nothin', just sign the form. I need to go look after James." That was a lie. He had no idea where his little brother was, but he might be at their hide out waiting for Noah to bring food, so it wasn't a complete lie either.

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Anthony Rowe - 06-29-2020

Anthony saw an opportunity to speak. "You know, Crane, your friend beat the kid unprovoked and wants to frame us for murder." He didn't care if Elijah didn't believe that, and he didn't care if it would get him into even deeper trouble. He just had to get that out there.

Elijah frowned looking at them. His hands covered his face. "Why do you both refuse to behave? Just a little bit? You both only care about yourselves and yet also don't care enough to just avoid trouble.'

He sighed heavily. "If he went into the cell to beat Noah, why didn't you escape or help?" That was a pointless question as he wouldn't get into a fight. "This says there was actual bite marks. "

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Noah Longbottom - 06-30-2020

That angered Noah. So it was their fault the constable misused his powers? And of course Elijah wouldn't believe the story. In the end, he too was a constable, and working against people like them. His parents were right. Any gratitude he had felt towards Elijah earlier was gone.

"He grabbed my head through the bars and slammed it against the bars twice, you cunt! Are you sayin' that's my fault for not magically being able to get out of this cell?!"

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Anthony Rowe - 06-30-2020

Anthony had expected that sort of reply. But that didn't mean that it hurt any less. He wanted to be angry and violent and all that, but mostly he was just tired. If there was still any appreciation he had for Elijah, it was all gone now. Cops are cops, and he was a bit naive to believe otherwise, wasn't he? "He'd rather have us hang for things we didn't do than take some responsibility. Don't bother," he said as an aside to Noah, and sat down again.

RE: God, I Hate... Whitby - Elijah Crane - 06-30-2020

Elijah looked at Noah surprised then annoyed. "Look, I misunderstood. He said you were beaten, hitting you into the bars is a lot more believable. Stop yelling at me because of a mistake. I got these papers from the court house to get you free, but you both are so quick to turn on someone."

He walked up to the cell with papers in hand. He was so tired and he didn't want to argue with them. "Stop thinking everyone is your enemy. If I wanted you guys in this cell, you both would have been in here or prison a long time ago. You tried to rob a guy at knife point.." He gestured to Anthony, then looked to Noah. "You've gotten into bar fights, I caught you being indecent in public outside of a brothel, and I'm not putting into it any person feelings I have for you completely ruining Alice's life. I understand she made a mistake too. I was very understanding and easy on you guys every time. And I am still trying to help you."

Elijah ran a hand down his face and looked at Noah. "Please, don't be like him." He pointed at Anthony. "I am trying to get you out. But you have to talk to me and tell me things. Calling me names and shouting can not help at all!"