By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] [NSFW] Is This Thing On? [Churches, Abbey, and Schools] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] [NSFW] Is This Thing On? [Churches, Abbey, and Schools] (/showthread.php?tid=227)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Is This Thing On? - Anita Longbottom - 12-10-2021

There was a poignant silence at Gabriel’s words.

It drew.

And drew.

And drew, until there was another frantic ruffling. Her voice sounded oddly low in position, and moved about.

“My husband-” swish, ruffle, “is the most handsome, wonderful man I ever knew,” rifle rifle rifle … pant, “and- and I fear I might strangle him to death if I can find me own hands in the dark.”

RE: Is This Thing On? - Gabriel Richards - 12-11-2021

Now the noise really began to disturb him. Surely she was not... Was she drunk? Insane?

"Madam..." he began nervously. "Whatever you're doing in there... it's not the proper way to make a confession..."

And he feared that was an understatement.

RE: Is This Thing On? - Anita Longbottom - 12-15-2021

“I’m almost – done,” Anita reassured, short of breath. “My son! I – came, about my son.”

RE: Is This Thing On? - Gabriel Richards - 12-15-2021

Gabriel had had enough. He let go of his rosary and stood up. "Ma'm. I need you to leave."

RE: Is This Thing On? - Anita Longbottom - 12-16-2021

Anita frowned. She still had so much to confess! But perhaps it was too much for this priest.

“Alright. When can I come talk to God alone?”

RE: Is This Thing On? - Gabriel Richards - 12-17-2021

Gabriel said back down. Perhaps this woman was merely stupid. At least she seemed to have stopped doing what he didn't want to imagine she was doing. "Ma'm. You can talk to God alone anywhere. But you must do it respectfully. That's praying. When you have sinned and want to receive forgiveness, that's when you come to confession. But you must be reverent."

RE: Is This Thing On? - Anita Longbottom - 12-20-2021

Another pause. A nervous little laugh.

“I don’t think you understand. I’m already going to Hell.”

There was the sound of the chair sliding back. Anita’s voice seemed to creep through every crevice of the room.

“If not for what I’ve done, then for what I’m bound to do.”

RE: Is This Thing On? - Gabriel Richards - 12-20-2021

Oh dear. What did he have on his hands here? Was she going to murder someone or something? He put his hand back into his pocket and sought his rosary for strength. "What are you bound to do?" he asked quietly.

RE: Is This Thing On? - Anita Longbottom - 12-27-2021

It was not, in fact, a chair. Something must have broke.

When the priest asked a single, solitary question, Anita’s knees all but slammed back into the floor. The confessional felt it in its wooden alcove bones.

“Did I tell you about my son?” she asked in a rush of breath.

She had not. She well knew that because she came here with the implicit but driving intention to use this poor room harder than Freud milked Anna von Lieben.

“He had sex,” she breathed out, “and got a young woman pregnant. They aren’t married! Did I raise my son to have sex with women unmarried? No!”

She hadn’t raised him at all, after all.

“She seduced him! Seduced him, eked out his firstborn, and now the whole town blames him! Where was her father when she was out luring boys to her bedroom? Nowhere to be found!”

Not that she looked.

“I don’t know what to do. Lord. What if she’s tainted him permanently into a life of sin?”

RE: Is This Thing On? - Gabriel Richards - 12-27-2021

What on earth was she doing in there now? Gabriel frowned but tried to focus on the subject at hand.

He listened to her confession. This was nothing new. So often when people came to confess their sins, they ended up talking about other people's sins instead.

He certainly hoped that what she was 'bound to do' didn't involve harm to that young woman or her son.

"Even if he was seduced, they both had a role in it..." he said quietly. "But that doesn't mean he's destined to lead a life of sin. Saint Augustine conceived a son out of wedlock, but he turned his life around and even became a saint. And his mother's patient guidance played a big role in that."