By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-20-2020

"Nothing to be sorry about. That's just how it is on this bitch of an earth," Anthony shrugged, stroking the cat absently. Though the idea of him being a cop had alrrady scared him away from attempting to shank him in the liver or something, the more he talked with Elijah the more he wanted to do that less out of a genuine like for him. Huh. "and I promise not to stab you. Can't think it real that you don't have many friends, though.What with just how...friendly you are."

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-20-2020

Elijah shrugged though he agreed the world wasn't fair. He glanced over and gave a warm smile, "Thanks. I don't meet many new people and most just know of me as constable and don't like me because they are usually on the wrong side of the law. So they automatically think I'm a bad person because I have a job to do. Others know me from my past..' He looked sad about that and shrugged sighing as he focused on his tea. "They are nice enough usually but they still don't want to get close. No matter how much I hide it. There's always exceptions though. I've a few friends I've known all my life. A family of fishermen at the docks. But they are very busy people."

He wasn't expecting Elijah to actually start lamenting about his lack of friends, but he listened politely regardless of that. The melancholic look on Elijah's face was not lost to him, and despite feeling curious, he knew to not ask any questions about it. "Well, I don't think you're a bad person," Anthony said. While it was true that Anthony was fearful and anxious about him at first—after all, he was a criminal—those feelings eventually waned bit by bit.

"But at least you have some friends you can trust, then, I guess. I guess I'm in the same boat as you, then, in a way—what with the whole past thing and all. Not a lot of people who want to get close. Or if they do, they're scared off by...one thing or another." Anthony looked almost anxious for a moment as he said that, as if Elijah could read his mind about what those things are. Surprisingly, however, he wasn't thinking about his whole 'stabbing and robbing folks' thing when he said that.

"Thank you, you just met me but you're being very nice as well." He looked towards the fire before speaking again. "Well, then it sounds like we have another thing in common. I'm glad I met you tonight, Anthony. Perhaps we can be friends too?" He looked hopeful but certainly didn't want to scare the man off.

Anthony didn't want to be rude to a person who let him pet his cat. "I guess I'm glad as well," he said. This certainly wasn't the outcome he was expecting when he decided to go out for a walk some time ago, but he was, admittedly...pleased by it. This was not the worst thing that could have happened, and though he had just met him, he had grown to quite like Elijah. "I.....yeah. Okay." The offer caught him off-guard, but he was for it.

Elijah was happy to have another friend. This guy seemed a bit strange, but he figured everyone had a strange side somewhere. He certainly was no exception. He put down the tea and looked towards the man. "Come by for dinner some time. Having someone to eat with is something I usually only get to enjoy with the Wards, but I never wish to impose. But only if you want, please don't think I'm demanding it." He chuckled and stood to take off his coat as the fire had warmed him enough it wasn't necessary.

"Even if you were demanding it, I'd still probably come," Anthony commented. He'll never refuse a free meal. And he'll especially not refuse it if coming means that he'll get to see the cat again. Anthony put down the tea and took his (fingerless, mind you, he is a criminal after all) gloves off, enjoying the warmth the fire gave him. "it's nice in here. Hope you don't mind if I break in here a few times." He chuckled as to show that it was a joke. Maybe it was a joke. Probably.

Elijah chuckled and waved him off. "It's not breaking in if you are welcomed. I already offered to let you in any time as long as you don't cause trouble. Though I may warn you if I wake up to you staring at me, I don't know how I'd react."He laughed quietly as it was clearly a joke and returned to his tea. "I can guarantee I'll be happy to make you food if you are here when I get home from work. The only problem is nights like tonight show how unsteady my schedule is."

"I'm not that rude," Anthony laughed. If he were to actually break into Elijah's house then he would at least be polite about it. "thanks, though. That's very nice....of you." Anthony was a bit unused to actual kindness and warmth and probably needed a bit of time to adapt to it, but he was pretty happy about this. He gets free meals, to pet a cat, and he has a new friend now as well? That was a pretty good thing to have happened to him. "Well, don't stress yourself out on my behalf." He could imagine that being a constable was probably hard, and he did ' want Elijah to feel responsible for him. That's just a dick move.

Elijah rose a brow and looked to Anthony as he settled back to his spot on the sofa. He reached out to stroke the cat between her ears, eliciting a small content mew from the creature to show she wasn't truly asleep. "You know, you're a very nice person too. I am surprised you don't have more friends. Luck seems to have come to me again since I am happy I got to meet you and forced you to spend time with me." He smiled innocently though he knew it must sound so off the way he worded it.