By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-20-2020

Anthony was fairly certain that he has never been happier in his life than he was when he heard that the cat liked him. God is kind for making this happen. Anthony's focus was shifted from Diane to Elijah as the latter spoke and offered him tea or whatever, to which Anthony responded with a horrifyingly polite "if it's no bother." Anthony doesn't usually drink tea (I know, right) but he's trying to be nice for the first time in forever.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-20-2020

Hearing those words made the constable overjoyed. His cat was a gift to the world and anyone with a heart was weak to her charm. He cheerfully started the tea as he could hear his cat purr loudly she was so relaxed. "Did you have cats growing up?" It only made sense if he didn't have one now but clearly had experience.

"No, never," Anthony said, quieter than usual as to not startle the cat, but still loud enough for Elijah to hear him. The only cats he knew growing up were strays and ferals—so he did have some experience with cats,  but he's never really actually owned one. As soon as he finished speaking, he suddenly became very fixated on Diane's purring. It was so cute...

"Oh? I'm surprised, you're so natural with her. I thought you'd had spent a lot of time around one. Well, I know she is grateful you are treating her well. " He actually chuckled as he came back with some tea for both of them . He was careful to hand it over so it wouldn't disturb Diane who seemed like she was going to nap as she closed her eyes.

Anthony had spent time with cats before, it's just that he's never really had a cat. "I sure hope she is," he replied, looking down at the cat in his lap. Turning his head a bit to face Elijah, he accepted the tea, drinking it ever so delicately and carefully as to not spill it or god knows what. Seeing the cat trying to (or, well, at least he assumed she was) nap made him almoat uncharacteristically happy. And so he sat there with a goofy smile, looking at the cat and drinking his tea. Life is beautiful.

Elijah relaxed beside him as he enjoyed his tea and gave a knowing smile. "Believe me, if a cat doesn't want something or to be around someone, you can't force them. You have made a new friend." He gave a sort of easy grin as if to say 'I get to enjoy this sort of thing every day'. He wanted to share it with a fellow cat lover so he was relishing the moment while it lasted.

And Anthony was very pleased about having made a new friend. Admittedly, he did envy Elijah for getting to enjoy this stuff every single day, and he felt briefly sad about he himself not getting that sort of luxury, but the euphoria of getting to actually pet a cat overpowered that. "I like her," he commented with a grin, drinking his tea and side-glancing at Elijah, before turning his attention away to the rest of the house, looking at it. It looked nice. He could steal something, maybe. (But he won't.)

Elijah nodded, "I'm really glad. I admit I like showing her off, and its good to know someone else who really likes cats. Please, don't hesitate to visit." He looked quite happy now to sit back on the sofa with a tea and listen to the melody of the purring along with a soft crackling of a fire in the fireplace. "Experiences like this moment are wonderful to share."

Anthony felt for a moment as if he has been hurled up into the lap of luxury. A warm fire in the fireplace, tea, and a cat purring and napping on his lap.Seemed almoat unreal for him. "Well, I won't, then," Anthony replied. But, to be fair, for Anthony 'feel free to visit anytime' was synonymous with 'feel free to break into my house at 3 a.m so that you can pet my cat', so that's a thing to consider. "they are. Not often I get to have experiences like this. Nothing ain't this fancy and nice back at home."

Elijah shrugged. "I'd like to think my suffering lead me to having what I have, but I know it is merely luck with a sprinkling of hard work. I am sorry you do not come home to the same thing. If you promise not to stab or rob me, and come along, my sofa is open. It isn't much but I don't have many friends and if Diane likes you that's good enough for me."