By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

Anthony turned his head ever so slightly to face the sea, only turning back to look at Elijah when the latter broke the silence. And what he said couldn't have shocked him more. Anthony just stood there for a moment in silence, trying to actually process the situation. The way Elijah phrased it and...the way he actually said it....was Anthony being just a bit too hopeful here? "I—no, I wouldn't. Not at all," he said, perhaps a bit too eagerly. "I could never hate you, and....especially not if you say that."

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

Elijah nodded and blushed. "Well.. I do..' He tried to make light of it as his liking him didn't mean he expected Anthony to like him back. "I guess it shouldn't be a surprise though.I.. I did mention i liked nice guys." He chuckled embarrassed. "I promise though, I don't expect you do .. like me back or anything. I am happy as we are."

Oh. Oh. So he wasn't just being.....overly optimistic. Anthony needed a few moments to collect his thoughts. "Oh. Well," he stayed silent for a moment. "I...like you too. A lot." Another wave of anxiety hit him, and for a brief moment he considered the possibility of this being just a messed up dream or something. But if it was, he won't wake up if he can help it. Anthony was....fairly certain that it's not humanly possible to blush more than he was right now.

Elijah was shocked. "Oh." He didn't mean that.He was still .. thinking. He glanced over and squeezed the hand again. "I mean.. I just.. never expected that. You could do better." He smiled nervously. "But, then.. that's amazing. " He wanted to say thank you, but who does that? He wanted to also ask or say more. But instead he just turned away from the dock to start walking. " I feel better now. I don't have to hide anything. But for the first time in my life.. I think.. I could use a drink."

Anthony stayed silent, partly because of not knoeing even what to say, and partly because he didm't want to say anything more. As soon as he had basically confessed, he had already fallen into the anxiety of thinking it was a mistake.As Elijah turned away, Anthony was unsure of whether to follow him or just stay where he was, so he just took a few uncertain steps forward. Part of him was afraid this would just be another thing that they would say and then pretend they never said, while part of him hoped this was going to be an...actual thing. "I guess we both could."

Elijah nodded and the nervousness seemed overwhelming. "I .. never had anyone like me before. I am sorry I don't know what to say or how to react. There are certainly.. ideas. But some are.. far too bold for in public and at the same time I feel like rushing into everything I feel just reveals how clueless I am in things." he smiled hoping Anthony would forgive him.

Anthony seemed to relax a little bit at that, walking closer to Elijah until they were side-by-side again. "You don't have to be sorry," he reassured him quickly. "I'm certainly...very clueless and inexperienced in relation to this as well. Moreso than you think." His chest tightened in a brief panic as certain memories flooded his thoughts again. He tried to push them away again. How many times does he have to say 'this is not like that' until his stupid mind actually gets the hint?

"Thank you, though I think you are over estimating my knowledge in this still." Elijah laughed nervously and let them walk side by side towards the town though he still wasn't in a rush. He was enjoying the two side by side more and more.

Anthony didn't know what he was feeling at the moment—an odd mixture of joy and anxiety and nervousness and relief, perhaps. Whatever it was, he certainly wasn't used to feeling as such. "I don't think that's inherently bad of me to do," Anthony retorted, lowering his voice a little bit as they got closer to town.

Elijah Smiled and shrugged as he walked with him. Before they went back to town and had one last moment along, he reached out to brush his hand against his then kept going. He realized that perhaps starting from that moment, his home life was definitely gotten more interesting and hopefully pleasant. A mental image of the two cuddling by the fire at home warmed his heart and pinked his cheeks. Oh what had he gotten himself in to?