By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

Oh. So here comes the part where Anthony has to pretend that he has an actual personality and identity. "I mean, I don't really have the luxury to just...enjoy things, very often," he said. Most of his time is spent in deep anxiety or work or anything. He doesn't get to actually relax very often at all, come to think of it. And most of Anthony's life was based around pleasing other people, anyways. "so......I guess I don't know, really?"

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

Elijah took his hand for just a moment. No one was watching, though he meant it completely innocently. "Well, I hope I can change that. I hope I can give you the opportunity to discover more of yourself and what you like. Since you can have the time and opportunity to explore." He wasn't rich, most of what he had was from selling his grandparents' farm and the job, but being a single man with no maids meant he could spend a little on things other than the bare necessities. "Of course, only if you want to. And certainly doesn't mean you have to be around me. I don't want you to feel like you owe me a thing. Just seeing you occasionally as my friend is worth so much to me."

Anthony was caught off-guard by Elijah taking his hand, but accepted it eagerly, gently and absent-mindedly stroking his hand with his thumb. "You're too nice," he said. "I mean, it's not like I'm against trying to figure out what I actually like. And—uh, and I know you don't want it to seem like I owe anything to you or that I'm obligated to spend time with you. And I promise I won't feel like that, really—I know that you're too much of a wonder to try and...force me to do anything in that way."

Elijah's face blushed at the smallest motion of that thumb across his hand. He tried to keep his face calm and looked to the ocean to calm himself. He finally looked to him and smiled a little. "Thanks. Don't worry. We have plenty of time as I want our relationship to last for as long as you will have me. " Damn it. He meant friendship. Relationship could mean.. anything.

Anthony squeezed Elijah's hand, revelling in this moment. The word that Elijah used was not lost to Anthony, and he did certainly notice it—perhaps a bit interested in whether Elijah actually meant that or whether he had just fallen victim to bad phrasing as well. Given that the last time there was 'bad phrasing' they ended up coming out to eachother, Anthony was perhaps a bit more hopeful than he should have been. "It seems that our relationship will last for quite a long time, then," he said. A small part of him hoped Elijah did just phrase it wrong, but.....a bigger part of him forced the worry away however difficult it was. This time is different, Elijah is different.

Elijah nodded to him, not correcting him now that the word was out there. Whatever their relationship was , it would last a long time. He squeezed his hand and smiled. "I'm grateful for this , and you. Thank you." He felt a greater temptation than perhaps he'd ever felt. He was right there, just a small peck no matter how light. Even on the cheek. But Elijah wasn't strong enough. He just faced towards the water again and kept walking.

"I....am grateful for you as well, you know," Anthony said, looking up at Elijah with a soft smile on his face. This was nice—he felt as if he could stay here like this for forever. As they kept walking again, Anthony still didn't let go of Elijah's hand, though—even if it was a purely platonic thing, it was comforting and nice. It's not often he gets to be...vulnerable like this.

Elijah smiled and let them walk. They didn't have to speak or do anything but enjoy the sounds of the ocean and the birds and be grateful they had the chance to be alone on the walk. He timidly decided to attempt what Anthony had done and stroke his thumb over his hand as he held it. He couldn't even remember the last time he was in physical contact with someone so long unless it was when they'd fallen asleep.

Though he enjoyed talking with Elijah, there was something very intimate and pleasing about being able to just enjoy eachother's company even in complete silence. Anthony glanced at their hands for a momemy as he felt Elijah stroke his hand, and looked away shortly after, almost certainly with a blush on his face. This was nice. He didn't know he could enjoy this kind of thing, even. But the more you know.

Anthony didn't pull away though he'd expected he wouldn't. He didn't overplay it though. He slowed down as they were heading towards the docks where the boats had set out a while ago. He didn't want to go where it would be busy and full of people. He turned to just look at the water, still not letting go of the warm hand in his. But it was making him think. "Since, we are not judging.. May I ask something?" He glanced down at the other man. "Would you hate me .. or feel disappointed.. or.. betrayed.. if..I said I liked you?"