By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

"Don't be sorry. You can always talk about this with with me, if you'd like," Anthony flashed a brief smile, but didn't push the topic any further. "I mean, I don't really mind either way, but the beach is nice to walk in with a...friend. But if you want to go somewhere else first then we can do that too—we have time, yeah?" Really, he was okay with going anywhere right now.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

"Thank you. It's nice having someone I can talk to." Of course now he was embarrassed to speak about it and show his innocence. He started in the direction of the beach. "We have plenty of time. The beach sounds fantastic to start. "

"It's not good to just...internalize all that stuff like that. Having someone to talk to about these things definitely helps," Anthony said, in a way that suggests that he himself doesn't internalize and leave everything completely unpacked. Whatever. He walked alongside Elijah, having to speedwalk a bit to keep up with him at first. "Maybe not the most interesting of places but still...nice. Mostly calm and peaceful and all that. Romantic, even." Anthony has never really grasped the concept of finding certain places romantic, but seeing the sun set there could perhaps be called that. That definitely isn't related to him and Elijah going to the beach, though. Not at all.

Elijah nodded. "I've always felt it was good to be able to speak about things.. " Though he certainly kept a lot to himself so as not to bother people. He smiled, "I agree. The beach isn't exciting, but its a place to relax. I could just sit and stare out over the water for hours, I think." When he could smell the salty air and hear the crashing of the waves, he was already feeling more at ease.

Anthony laughed gently, but not in a mocking way or anything like that. "Well, I envy your patience," he said. "I like being at the beach but it really does grate on you after a while. All that....water and sea and open spaces and all that. I mean, I don't know about you, but I just don't like it very much. It's fine, though." Now that he's stopped oversharing about his sexuality he can start oversharing about how much he hates the sea.

Elijah smiled softly and walked along the shore, just a few feet beyond the surf's reach. "I think that may be my best feature" he laughed softly. He looked curious as Anthony didn't like the sea and open spaces. It made him want to ask but he did't want to pry. "I don't know, I like it. It's different than the close quarters of town. But they both are fine in their own ways. I suppose I can like any place."

"One of many," Anthony smiled. "I get that, I get that it. I guess for me it's just....a bit scary when you're in like a wide open space or staring into the ocean or sky or whatever and you're just reminded of how insignificant you really are? But I don't want to get all philosophical or whatever. The sea's nice but I guess I'm just...more comfortable in town. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, though." Here's to showing just how talkative he can really be.

Elijah shrugged. "I like to think it shows beauty in the world and beyond, like the stars. But, you're right. It is certainly an opinion. I love being in town, certainly. It's my home and i wouldn't trade it for anything, but it can be stifling. Maybe we should go to York some day, just as a little trip." He certainly didn't go on trips often, and was he actually suggesting a plan like that with Anthony? "Its a bigger place, you might like it though. So much to do.."

Anthony was ready to rant and rave more about how fucked up open spaced actually were, but didn't, thank god for that. His heart basically stopped at the suggestion Elijah made, though. "I mean...I guess I'm not against it, really," he shrugged. "I've never been there so I guess I can't really agree or disagree at this point, really." One could argue that it was perhaps a bit early in their relationship for this kind of shit, but who cares.

Elijah looked over and chuckled softly. "I truly wish I knew more about what you liked. You are very easy going and happy to do what I like. But I feel like I know so little about what you like."